XXVIII

Tavi

Shayne and I walked onto the 9th floor of Mercy hospital.

Everyone was running around frantically and I was praying to god that it wasn’t because of why the hospital called us.

It seemed like everyone was distraught and worried.

A lot of parents were on the floor yelling at nurses and other staff members.

And the thought that it might just be something wrong with how their running the NICU came to mind and kind of eased me.

We walked to the receptionist desk and the lady behind it looked up at us.

“Can I help you today?” She sighed.

“Um… We’re Addison’s parents” I said. “Someone told us that we needed to be down here immediately”

Her face lit up and a look of sorrow spread across it.

“I’m gonna go get my boss” She informed.

Shayne and I both stood there feeling even more confused then before.

The knots built up in my stomach like building blocks.

After a few minutes a tall white lady walked out of no where to greet us.

“Hi, I’m Stacy. I run the NICU” She gave us a shaky smile.

You could tell she was paid out the ass by the black Givenchy suit she was wearing and the Givenchy heels she had to match.

“Can you guys follow me?” She asked without hearing an answer because she started walking.

We followed her to an office and we walked in.

She closed the door when we walked pass her.

She didn’t bother by sitting down and it looked like she didn’t want us to sit down either.

“As you can tell the NICU is a little hectic right now” She nervously giggled. “We’re trying everything to keep everyone safe and it’s hard trying to manage so many babies at one time”

“What is it?” Shayne growled getting tired of everyone beating around the bush.

She sighed. “Someone took Addison from the hospital today…”

My knees got weak and I fell only for Shayne to pick me back up and hold me in his arms while I cried.

“We’re trying the best we can to find this person” She informed.