Chapter 10

~*Niall's POV*~

I sat in the small room anxiously and waited for Abby to come out from her ultrasound. I was so excited to be a dad, and even though the baby may not biologically be mine, it would ALWAYS be my baby. Abby walked out with a large folder and hugged me. "How's the baby? Is it a boy or a girl? How far along are you?" I asked curiously all at once. Abby smiled and sat down next to me. "8 weeks, but I've got something really important to tell you." she said seriously.

"Okay." I said, unsure of what she had to tell me. She looked down and rubbed her belly. "Well, everything's fine." she said and smiled. I was getting so impatient, but I knew that I would have to wait. "Did you want a boy or a girl?" she asked and snapped her head up quickly. She was grinning at me and I was excited to know. I didn't really mind whether it was a boy or a girl. I wanted a little wingman, but I also wanted a little princess. "Well... it depends on if you wanted to see that movie in 3D, because that's an extra £12." I teased.

Abby slapped my arm playfully and laughed. "Seriously! Did you want a boy or a girl?" she asked. I wondered why she was asking me, but I decided to give an answer to satisfy her. "It doesn't really matter to me, babe." I said and smiled at her calmly. Her eyes lit up and she was now grinning madly. "Well, what if I told you that we could be having both?" she asked and her grin grew wider and wider. Both? Two babies? "Niall, it's twins!" she yelled, and she was somewhere in between laughing and crying.

Twins! I was gonna have two little babies! I pulled Abby into a hug, I wanted to hug her tight but I was afraid I'd squish the babies. "Abby, that's great! This is great! I'm so excited... This is great!" I said, drawing attention from the secretary. Abby hugged me as tight as I wanted to hug her and we both just smiled at each other for a few minutes. We got back into the car and just sat there for a bit, I was still trying to process the fact that my girlfriend was 8 weeks pregnant with TWINS.

"So, since we don't know the gender does that mean I won't be getting that dinner or a trip to the movies?" she giggled and poked my arm. I smiled at her and looked into her eyes. Gosh, they were beautiful. Would the babies' eyes be like that? I snapped out of it and started the car. "Of course not. You'll be getting dinner AND a movie." I said and kept my eyes on the road. She laughed quietly and took my hand. I looked over at her and she was smiling down at her belly, but after a few seconds it dropped.

"Abby are you okay?" I asked, looking back at the road. "What about the media, the fans, the paparazzi?" she asked nervously. "We'll tell them, don't worr-" she squeezed my hand. "When Niall? I'm pregnant with twins, it's just a matter of time before it shows." she snapped. I sighed. She was right, there were already people onto us about our relationship, I just didn't want Abby getting hate. "Whenever you want to tell them, we'll tell them." I said and kissed her hand.

"As soon as possible." she sighed. I could tell that keeping our relationship quiet and not being able to express our emotions in public was hurting her, and that was the last thing I wanted to do. "Alright, the boys and I are going to the VMAs next week. If you want I could take you as my date, it doesn't get more official than that." I joked and pulled into my driveway. Abby looked at me. "Alright." she said and smiled hesitantly.

~Next Week~

We pulled up to where the VMAs were being held in LA and I could see the Hollywood sign. I sat in the car next to Abby and rubbed her knee lightly, I knew she was nervous and I was trying my best to calm her down. "Abby, everything will be okay. I promise." I said and kissed her hand lightly. She nodded slightly and looked down. "Okay." she said and breathed out heavily. We pulled up to where we were all supposed to be gathering and I got out, making sure Abby got out smoothly as well.