Chapter 3

~*Niall's POV*~

"Alright boys, Abby's gonna be joining us on tour!" Liam said and wrapped his arm over Abby's shoulder. His arms were big and muscular, which I guess is usually what draws girls into them. I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of anger toward Liam, which was unusual because he's one of my closest friends. Having Liam's arm around Abby made my stomach churn in the worst way possible, in a way that made me feel like absolute crap, and I had to force myself not to vomit.

"This sounds like it'll be soooo much fun, don't you agree Nialler?" Zayn said, smiling at me then Abby. Why is he doing this? I frowned at Zayn and looked down to avoid any eye contact with Abby. "I dunno." I mumbled and kicked my feet lightly, trying to act as if I wasn't really paying attention. Zayn laughed and picked up his luggage, nudging me playfully as he passed by and walked out the door. Abby smiled warmly at me and fixed her top. "I'm really excited about getting to go on tour with you, I became a huge fan of you guys the first time I saw you on the X-Factor." she said smiling wider than before.

Her smile was wonderful. She had perfectly white teeth which were a bit crooked, but still amazing, and dimples which would blow Harry's away any day. "I'm sure you'll have fun, we sure do. Getting to see new places and all that... and the food is great! Not saying that all we do is sit around and eat all day but..." I rambled nervously. What the hell am I talking about?! Abby giggled and I immediately felt embarrassed. Suddenly, Liam walked over and Abby fixed her hair nervously. "I'll get these for you." he said, grabbing her bags and carrying them out.

I stepped out of the way awkwardly and smiled at Abby, but she was focused on Liam. This has to stop now, if I fall for Abby, I won't be able to stop until she's mine. And if she doesn't want to be mine, I'll end up with another broken heart. Maybe it's too late, maybe I've already fallen for her, maybe I won't be able to stop. Zayn was wrong, I don't have a crush. I've got much more than that, I think I'm starting to catch feelings for her, for a girl I've only known for a day. The funniest thing is, she may be catching the same feelings for my best friend, my TAKEN best friend.

~*Abby's POV* ~

The tour bus slowly drove away and I saw my mom waving and crying through the back window, I couldn't stop the tears that began to fall from my eyes and put my face in my hands so the boys wouldn't see me. My mom was the only person I had, my brother died, I never knew my dad, and she was always there when I needed her. But this was my only chance to have a real friendship with the boys, and I didn't want to give it up. Am I being selfish? Should I have them stop the bus right now? She'll be all alone!

That last thought made me cry even harder, and I'm positive that the boys heard me, because Niall scooted closer to me and held me. "Are you alright?" Harry asked, I lifted my head back up and sniffled. "Yeah I'm okay, it's just hard leaving my mom." I said softly. All of the boys looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "We know how it feels, but once you get used to being on the road, it's really fun." Louis said reassuringly. I felt Niall drawing small circles into my back with his thumb and felt soothed, subconsciously I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest.

Almost immediately he became still and the comforting circles stopped. I heard muffled laughing from where Harry and Zayn were sitting and turned my head to face them. "Why are you laughing at me?" I asked, trying to catch my breath from crying. Zayn immediately stopped laughing at cleared his throat. "It's nothing, just something Niall did." he said softly and looked away. I was exhausted, both mentally and physically, and Niall's warm embrace was like the best pillow ever. I closed my eyes, and before I knew it, I was asleep.

When I woke up it was dark and Niall's head rested on my own and Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Liam were all deep in dreamland snuggled up against each other. I couldn't help but admire the way Liam's facial expressions were so serious when he slept, and let a giggle escape. "Well, it's nice to see that someone is up." Niall said and lifted his head. "Now, what was so funny?" he asked. I felt myself blush, but oddly, I felt like I could tell Niall what was going on. I had a connection with him that I'd never had with any of my other friends.