Chapter 5

Hey :D Sorry this update took so long, but because I wanted this chapter to be as realistic as possible, I had to do a bit of research. Enjoy!

--------------------------------

~*Niall's POV*~

     I woke up to the smell of bacon frying and sprung up. What happened last night? I can't remember a thing! I hopped out of bed and let out a long yawn. Through the corner of my eye I saw Abby's dress from last night, she must have slept in here. I threw a random shirt on and crept out of the room, it was pretty early, so I had to keep quiet. I followed the sound of popping bacon and the subtle sound of female voices into the living room.    

   "So he knows?" one of them, which from the slight Columbian accent sounded like Azaria, whispered. I crept back behind the wall so neither of them would notice me, I know it's wrong to spy, but I was curious. There was a long silence and then a sigh. "Yeah. Well, I told him, but I think he was too drunk to remember." Abby said softly. Remember what? I knew she was talking about me, because Zayn and I were usually the only ones who got drunk, and she couldn't be talking about Zayn.    

   I tried to recall everything, heck anything, that happened after the dinner, but I just couldn't! "Well, do you want him to know?" Azaria asked plainly. Know what?!? I turned the corner and fake yawned, trying to act as if I'd just woken up. "Goodmorning, girls!" I said and smiled. I tried to read Abby's face, but she wouldn't look me straight in the eyes. "Morning." She mumbled.     What is she keeping from me? "I'm making bacon." she said softly, pointing at the bacon and still avoiding eye contact.

   Azaria coughed and broke the two-second silence that was making me anxious. "I'm gonna go... get dressed." she said and patted Abby lightly on the shoulder, leaving us all alone. As soon as I knew Azaria was gone I got closer to Abby, she froze for a moment then went back to frying the bacon.  "Are you okay?" I asked softly, resting my hand on her shoulder lightly. I could feel goosebumps begin to appear on her skin, and smiled to myself.

    I could get her to spill anything like this, and I was prepared to take advantage of it. "Yes." she stated plainly and flipped the bacon. I was going to squeeze something out of her, and I wasn't leaving until I found out what was going on.     I moved my hand from her shoulder and hugged her from behind. I didn't mind hugging her like this, it's what I really wanted, but I tried my best not to get too overwhelmed.

    She looked up at me and I could see the frustration and confusion that filled her eyes. It seemed like she was staring right through me, like I was just a clear window. But for me the window was foggy, at times it felt like Abby may be feeling for me what I was feeling for her, but other times it felt like she had no feelings for me at all.     We were extremely close and my chest was pressed flat against her back, her hair smelled so nice and I couldn't help but nuzzle my face into her neck.

    I could tell that I was getting a bit carried away, but I really didn't care. "Niall, there's nothing you need to know that I haven't already told you." she whispered into my ear. My heart thumped in my chest almost to the point where it hurt. That doesn't make sense, I had no clue what she was talking about!  "Abby, you know I was drunk last night!" I said, not realizing at the moment how immature I actually sounded.

     Abby sighed and pulled away from my grasp, turning around to face me. "Yes." she said casually. Yes? Yes what? "What?" I asked. "You asked me a question. The answer was 'yes'." she said and turned back to the bacon, slapping it on a plate and grabbing a few pieces for herself.    Abby walked out of the kitchen, brushing past Azaria in the process. Azaria, who hadn't gotten dressed, snagged about five pieces of bacon and pulled me to the table where we sat down.