Chapter 6

~*Niall's POV*~

I sat on the couch and stared at the piece of paper in my hand. Everyone sat around me and rubbed their faces angrily. "Class 3 misdemeanor, consuming alcohol under the legal age of 21; Fine of $500 and immediate deportation." I read aloud sadly. Paul shook his head and I could tell he was disappointed. "We'll take care of the cost, but you won't be able to finish the tour. Louis will cover your solos." he said and sighed. I knew everyone was worried about the tour and the press, and I was too, but I was more worried about Abby. Because I decided to be dumb I had to leave early, and Abby and I had literally just established a relationship.

She was sitting right next to me and I turned to look at her, she was staring down into her hands. I didn't want to leave her, I wanted to stay with her. I wanted to be with her and talk to her face to face. "I don't wanna leave Abby." Paul looked at me and sighed. "Sorry Niall, but you've got to just take a break, go back home." he said firmly. "Maybe Abby could come to Ireland with me." I suggested desperately, looking at Paul then examining Abby.

She shook her head and looked up. "You're all over the news, I'm sure my mom's heard. She'll never let me go with you." she said, her voice was shaky and I could tell she was trying not to cry. I took her hand and refused to give up. "I'm sure we can convince her! Just let me Skype her! I'll explain what happened." I reasoned. "Niall, I don't think you understand. She's really protective of me, I really don't think she'll let me go, okay?" she said emotionlessly and rubbed her face.

I knew she was serious, but I was positive we could convince her mom! "Please, Abby! Just let me try? I want to be with you." I begged. "Fine. We'll set up a Skype and talk to her... but Niall, there's a reason she wo-" I jumped up from the couch and hurried to my room, I dug through my stuff and found my laptop. I wanted to Skype right away, I needed to know what was gonna happen right then. I called Abby into the room and set up the camera. "Niall, I really don't think..." before she could protest any more I started setting everything up.

"What's her username?" I asked and got ready to type it. "CookingMama18, but Niall I'm not sure-" I typed quickly, ignoring Abby's doubts, and started the chat. After a few seconds I saw a familiar face, and it didn't take long to realize where Abby got her stunning looks from. "Hello, Abby. Niall..." she said and waved at us. "Hey mom, um... Maybe you've heard what's going on." she said nervously into the camera. "Yes, I've heard on the news, is Niall okay? What happened to him?" she asked looking concerned.

I looked down. So everyone knew I was hospitalized, but no one knew why. I sighed. You've gotta do it Niall, explain yourself. Do it for Abby. "Well... I went in for uh... for alcohol poisoning." I said and swallowed. I could feel myself start to sweat, and when I looked over at Abby she was biting her nails profusely. "What? Alcohol? Abby I thought you told me this would be safe! And Niall, you're only 18! You're underaged!" she yelled into the camera. Abby retreated behind me and I knew why, her mom was intimidating, and when she said everything that happened it sounded awful!

"Yes, I guess... but no one else was drinking, I swear! And I've got to go back home... which is why I wanted to Skype you." I said, and there was a puzzled look on her mom's face. "Mom, to put it bluntly, Niall and I are in love." Abby stated, and I knew I should've been a bit more nervous, but those words still made my heart race. "Well, that's great. You Skyped me to tell me you're in love... that's wonderful. When will you be back home?" she asked, sounding a bit more annoyed than I would've liked.

I swallowed again and breathed out. "Well, I was wondering if Abby could come back to Ireland with me..." I said, feeling a bit unsure. "Certainly not, no. If I can't trust you boys with my daughter in America, how am I supposed to trust you with her in a whole other country- a whole other continent?" she shouted sternly. "Well, I think that I can-" she refused to let me speak, and I knew this wouldn't be easy. "Absolutely not, she's not leaving this country! As a matter of fact, I'd like her on a flight tomorrow and back home in no later than 2 days." she said and gave me an angry look.