1.6

"Ashton Irwin broke out of holding cell, officers believe that they will get ahold of him soon, but still warn public to be careful," Calum stated, holding his phone and reading the news article which had published online who knew how long ago.

"He shouldn't have been in that holding cell in the first place," Luke replied, his face was bloody. His lip was split, and his eye was forced closed upon Calum's wrath upon it. He was too scared to open it, and the pain searing through it only terrified him further. Bruises were scattered all over him, and his face was swollen and red like a tomato.

"You should shut your mouth Luke, your little fuck buddy gets out of his cell and you think he's going to save you. Well, tough shit. There aren't happy endings in this world Luke," Calum snapped, picking the knife out of frustration. "Stupid bitch," he muttered.

Luke was intelligent however, he knew each thing Calum did to him wasn't going to kill him. If Luke had been just another one of Calum's victims he would've been dead a long time ago. Calum craves fear like a damn leach craves blood. Luke wasn't one to give in so easily, he was hopeful Ashton would find him.

*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"You're wanted out there Ash, coming here was the worst thing you could do," Anne whisper-shouted, looking at her son as if he was an idiot.

"I need a gun-," Ashton began, being abruptly cut off by the angry woman.

"A gun!? What the hell do you need that for!" She questioned, her fury stemming out of her confusion. Her son was in a holding cell because he was the main suspect in a murder case, and now he was wanted due to breaking out and the first thing he wants to get is a gun!

"I can't explain why right now mom, just, please. You haven't been there for me so many fucking times, can you just do this for me right now. Please."

Anne hesitated at first, before going to her bedroom and lifting the mattress up. Handing Ashton a handgun with a feeling of reluctance in the way her actions were slow. She didn't want her son to go to prison for murder, and she didn't want him to have to suffer additional charges like possession of an unlawful lethal weapon.

"Ash, please tell me you truly didn't kill someone. Tell me this will all work out in the end," Anne said softly, tears in her tired eyes. Wanting life to work out for her son, despite how hard it's been for him. So much weight was on her shoulders for not helping Ashton lead a good life. But she had been too selfish years ago to truly take care of her son, and she was trying to make up for it now. But was handing him a gun the right decision, she wasn't sure.

"I didn't kill him, I think I know who did. Michael was my best friend, and it pains me to know that people think I killed him. Now someone who means a lot to me might be in the same danger Michael was in, and I can't have him die either," Ashton stated, the bags under his dark. He placed the gun in the waistband of his jeans, biting his lips feeling cool metal of it against the skin.

The punk turned towards the door he entered through, waving goodbye to his mother rather than giving her a kiss on the cheek. And she remained silent watching him leave, hesitant to accept the fact that this was her life.

Ashton rushed down the stairs, not having the patience nor time to waste waiting for the elevator. He wished he had a police radio, and if he had the time he would probably be able to get one. He simply just didn't however; he was on a tight schedule.

This gun was his defense, he had an idea that this Calum Hood wouldn't be too happy to see Ashton. Despite never meeting Calum, Ashton this hatred towards the man seeing as he was the only suspect at the moment. The killer could truly be anyone, but with the hint given to him by Luke, he felt he had the reasoning to pin blame on Calum.