0.7

"What's your biggest fear?" Luke asked the punk teen that sat across from him at the cafeteria lunch table. His gorgeous blue eyes staring at Ashton with such fascination.

Ashton stopped playing with the slop on his foam tray, and looked up at Luke, who was eating the ham sandwich his mom had made him the night before.

"My biggest fear?" He chuckled, amused by the cute twink's question, "why do you want to know?"

Luke blushed, for he simply just wanted to know everything he could about Ashton- but he couldn't admit that, could he?

"I-um..." he blushed a deep shade of scarlet red, looking down at his lunch box instead of answering.

"My biggest fear is falling in love," Ashton stated, and he sound serious. This surprised Luke, because he wouldn't expect that punk to be afraid of something like that, it seemed too cliche. But the punk's expression didn't reveal that he was lying, nor joking.

"Falling in love?" Luke asked, his eyes furrowing to show his confusion, "why?"

"You get so close to someone, and eventually you fall in love with them. But what do you do when they end up breaking your heart, leaving you to bleed?" Ashton stated, his hard hazel eyes staring into Luke's soft blue ones.

"But love is wonderful Ashton, if you live your life afraid that someone is going to hurt you- you're going to be lonely forever." Luke pointed out, unwrapping his granola bar, and taking a generous bite into the front of it.

Ashton rolled his eyes, sick of talking about something so serious. "What's your fear then Luke," he said with crossed arms, stealing Luke's container of strawberries. Eating them while watching the teen try to come up with an answer.

"I'm scared of being alone," Luke replied with a slight frown, watching Ashton eat his strawberries.

"That's lame Luke, you're never alone," Ashton replied bluntly, his response a bit too harsh for Luke's liking.

"Just because you're surrounded by people, it doesn't prevent the loneliness in your heart Ashton."

"You're so cliche," Ashton chuckled, shaking his head. He truly didn't know how much his bluntness made Luke sad or feel deflated. The blonde haired teen was so in love with him and he couldn't pick up on it at all. Luke wasn't sure if he liked that or not.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

The sirens were blaring, and Luke was speeding to the scene. A dead body had been found, another victim murdered by the Midnight Murderer. The murders were becoming more frequent, and the press was trying to get as much information as they could.

Apollo Bay had never dealt with a serial killer before, and thing as intense like that in such a small town sparked panic. A curfew was set earlier yesterday, and the streets that Luke patrolled were not as busy, as they used to be at night.

He parked in the street next to the other police cars. The red and blue flashing lights causing a scene throughout the known to be bad neighborhood. He stepped over the yellow police tape, and looked at his co-workers snapping pictures of the scene. Yellow placement cards with number placed next to the evidence. He walked into the house and jogged upstairs, seeing a white chalk outline traced where the body had once been.

He turned to see Calum, who was looking at the crime scene in front of them, a finger under his chin as he was in deep thought.

"Hey Cal," Luke said to his best mate, who turned to look at him, his expression changing to one of relief. Luke assumed it was because he wouldn't have to deal with Chris alone.