0.3

Luke sat on the bathroom sink in the boy's bathroom, staring at Ashton's hazel eyes. He had a black eye and a busted lip, and Ashton was trying his best to clean up the bloody mess on his face his nose and lip had created. Ashton paused to look at Luke, just for a moment and it already had Luke's cheeks heating up.

"I-Is there something on my face?" Luke stuttered and listened to the punk in front of him chuckle and shake his head.

"Besides these bruises and cuts?" Ashton teased, moving closer to Luke so that he was between the teen's legs. He loved making the blonde haired teen blush at his words. "Luke, if you want to be a cop so badly why didn't you defend yourself? You're going to be stepped all over as a cop."

Luke frowned, because Ashton was right but, no one liked to hear the truth.

"You think I don't know that Ashton? Sometimes I just, don't fight back because you're already there fighting for me..." he admitted with a sigh of shame. "If I try to fight back, I'll get in your way and make everything worse."

Ashton shook his head, "that's not true Luke, you wouldn't get in my way at all. If you were a cop, you would be standing up against what's wrong...And those assholes harassing you were in the wrong."

Luke nodded at Ashton's passionate answer, his cheeks tinted a light shade of red. He watched as Ashton threw away the damp paper towel smeared with Luke's blood. Leaning in closer for a few moments before pulling away completely, Luke letting out a breath he had been holding.

The two teens looked at each other, minutes passing until the bell rang making them both look away from each other shyly.

"I-I'll see you at lunch right?" Luke asked, jumping off of the sink and pulling out some band-aids out of his backpack, peeling off the paper and sticking them over his cuts.

"Of course," he turned to look at Luke with a smirk, "I may skip school a lot, but I'd never miss a chance to see you." Ashton walked out of the bathroom, leaving a flustered Luke who was now late for class.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Luke was patrolling around, nothing had been called in- surprisingly it had been a pretty slow day. But then again in a small town, quiet times happened often. He had been thinking about taking his lunch break, but he wasn't hungry. He sighed, driving around in hope that something would be called over the radio.

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed some people in the alleyway, he parked a small bit away before getting out of his vehicle. He thought about calling for backup, and honestly he knew he should. Approaching two sketchy individuals in alley way, alone seemed a bit stupid on his part. But Luke had that kind of mindset where he felt like everything would be fine, if he believed it was fine. By watching the two hooded figures from afar, he could clearly see it was a drug deal. He wasn't an absolute idiot, despite what Calum tells him sometimes.

He backed away a little, picking up his walkie talkie and calling for backup; when he was a small distance away so the two individuals wouldn't hear him, and instantly take off running. But when the two men heard the sirens from the second cop car approaching, they did inevitably run.

Luke didn't even glance at his co-workers approaching, and instead took off running after them. Two against one, he couldn't catch both of them, especially if they split ways. He could hear footsteps behind him, and more cop cars behind him. But he was mostly focusing on following the thumping of the black combat boots in front of him. The two hooded figures split off from one another. Leading Luke to have to pick to follow one or the other. He picked right, following the taller hooded person into a second alleyway which ended in a dead end, the end of it wasn't brick however it was simply a metal fence.