Free Run ✗6

Chris

"So what are you going to do for your birthday?" I asked Brielle.

As long as we've been friends I realize I never done anything special for Brielle's birthday. Back in the day we just kicked it, the usual house party. When I broke out I called, did a few surprise fly ins to see her. But never anything BIG due to me traveling or on tour. When I went through my depression she was there for me, always has been by my side. I think it's time to pay my dues back.

"I don't know, I'm only turning twenty-three what the hell is there to do that I haven't done already?"

"Duh, we getting fucked up my nigga you already know!"

Brielle laughed, "I don't want to get fucked up. That's something that can happen on a daily basis. I would like to remember that night thanks. But I was thinking I'm probably going to just chill at home with my parents or some shit I don't know I haven't put much thought into it."

"Chill at home with your parents? What the fuck type of shit is that?" I laughed, "How about this. A bunch of my people and you fly out to . . . I don't know tell me some place you always wanted to visit."

"No, because I don't like the idea of you treating me some where special for my birthday."

"Don't be stupid, you already know when you're with me you get taken care of now where do you want to go?"

She smiled, "Why do we have to go with your weak ass crew?"

"Because I knew if I said just you and I, you would have jumped out of your damn skin."

"You right, you right." Brielle laughed, "We better take them along. But I honestly don't want to go anywhere what's wrong with here?"

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me where the hell you want to go already?"

"I swear if your ass won't stop being so damn demanding with me, I'm going to bust you in your upper lip!" Brielle said holding up her first to my face. "Alright dammit, I always wanted to go to Spain."

I smiled. "Alright Spain it is, pack your shit and let's go!"

Walks on the beach, raising hell through the streets at nights, margaritas, sangria, fine ass Latinas, need I say more? Oh hell yeah I'm damn sure going to have good ass time in Spain this week, I'm about to step right into I don't give a fuck mode! No feelings will be caught, no tears will be shed, and no lies will be told . I'm jumping in head first and I don't want to look back.

______________
_______

Brielle

The idea of a "man" or whatever the hell you want to call Chris doing things for me such as buying me presents, clothes, giving me money, and taking me on expensive trip really irks the hell out of me. Friends or not, I don't like being treated. If I want something I'm going to make it happen on my own. It's just a feeling of being bought that I don't like. I am the definition of a "Independent Woman" minus the setback of me living with my parents but that's only until I'm out of college.

Call me crazy but I don't want to be with someone that is going to take care of me all the time, if I was taking care of my damn self while we weren't together then baby boy I can handle myself while we are together. My mother always told me to never let a man smash until his ass pays off some of your bills, but in my eyes that's wrong. Only time a nigga should be paying for anything I own is when he puts a wedding ring on my finger, then I'll be fine with shit like that because it will be 100/100. I'm not with that 50/50 shit, giving me half of you and half of myself. We going all or nothing. But until then don't throw your cash and bank statements in my face, cause your money isn't what's going to make me yours. Your personality is what's going to capture my heart.