Fifteen - Kitchen Confessions

Crystal Whitley

"So they were completely cool about it?" Kaitlin asked as she picked up another dress to try on. This one was a shade of green.

"Yeah, they seemed pretty supportive of it." I picked up a red dress that was Kaitlin's size of of the rack and handed it to her. "Try this one on, you'd look hot in it."

Kaitlin and I were currently at the mall finding dresses to wear to her birthday party on Friday. It's her 21st, so she wants to go all out. All out as in inviting a bunch of people we go to college with and went to high school with and rent out a club—which nothing good can ever come out of, I've learned—for the night. She's going to finally be legal to drink, so I know she's going to go above and beyond with it. No more using her fake ID or getting guys to guy drinks for her. I'm was slightly disappointed that I wouldn't be able to drink with her, but I have to do what's best for the baby, and drinking would not be a good choose. I just really hope no one notices that I'm going to be refusing alcohol.

She took the dress from me and examined it. It fit her style perfectly, sexy yet elegant. She wasn't the type of girl to try to show off as much skin as possible. Instead, she aimed for things that showed just enough skin, and left boys wondering what was underneath. The dress was a scarlet red and all lace. It wasn't strapless which I know is something Kait prefers, and it stopped mid-thigh. She nodded in approval and rested it over her forearm.

"Well, that's good that they're supportive of it. I know my parents wouldn't be the same way. Theyd probably skin me alive, to be honest. Do they know about Justin?" She walked over to where the dressing rooms were and was directed into a stall by a lady that worked there. I stood outside of it.

"No, I didn't tell them specifically about him. He was obviously mentioned but I didn't say his name, I almost did but I didn't."

"When do you plan on telling your family—especially Allyson—that the person that got you prengant is Justin?" I could here her undressing from her clothes and pulling on one of the four dresses she had picked out.

"The Saturday after this weekend. They told me to invite him for one of our weekly dinners so I did. I know he's nervous about it though, and so am I."

I had told my parents the news three days ago, so it's now Tuesday. Justin and I have talked every day, but we haven't hung out since last Wednesday; I think. Honestly, I kind of miss his company. Even know I haven't known him very long, I know that I'm happy when I'm around him.

"You should be. Introducing your parents to your boyfriend is always nerve-wracking," Kaitlin said. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head at her comment.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I defended, crossing my arms over my chest.

"He should be. I totally ship it. Hashtag Justal." I couldn't see her, but I imagined one of her infamous smirks on her face as she said it.

I laughed. "Justal?"

"Yeah. I thought about it. And I was like 'well, Jrystal doesn't sound right.' And the girl's name always has to be the main part of the ship name, so I settled on 'Justal.'"

"The fact that you thought about it is just weird." I glanced down at my phone to check the time. 5:17 PM. "Are you almost done in there? We still need to find something for me to wear."

I could hear shuffling from inside the dressing room before Kaitlin spoke. "Actually yeah. But I want your opinion on this dress."

The door opened and my best friend stepped out, wearing the red dress I had picked out. To say it looked gorgeous on her would be an understatement. It hugged her body perfectly and the red really complimented her brown hair.