Two - The Club

Crystal

It was nearing 8 o'clock, and I knew that if I was not ready and out the door to meet Kaitlin in the hallway by 8 on the dot, she would come in here and drag me out herself.

I've always hated going to clubs, because while the whole drinking until you pass out, and dancing like you actually have talent is fun and all, the hangover isn't, nor is the fact that every single time I go I end up doing something I regret later on. I can only hope that tonight will be an exception.

I have never been one to over-drink, but that doesn't mean I won't drink. I just prefer to not be shit-faced drunk where I go completely insane as if I have no conscious. It happened only once at a party in high school, and I'll never drink that much again. I woke up with no memory of the night before in a very uncomfortable sleeping position with a hangover that lasted for at least two days. Yeah. Never doing that again.

After checking the time on my phone once again, taking note that it was now 7:20 pm, I exited my bedroom before dragging my tired feet towards to bathroom which was only a few feet away from my room.

(A/N: I'm not really good with describing how people get ready or do their makeup or describing clothes so just bear with me. Lol)

I straightened my naturally wavy blonde hair so it cascaded down my back all in one straight line before beginning on my make-up.

I usually don't wear much make-up, but since I'm going out, I figured that I might as well put a little effort into it.

I put on a light layer of foundation to cover any unwanted marks that were on my skin. I then did my eye-shadow in a perfect smokey eye, which I'm quite surprised that it actually looks good for once, with a semi-perfect winged black eyeliner on the top lids and mascara. I did the rest of my face in a subtle contour to define my features. To go along with the dress I'd be putting on later, I covered my lips in a bright red lipstick that I had never even used before. Bold colors were not usually my thing when it came to lipstick.

After my makeup was finished, (and must I say, it looks impressive) I headed back to my small bedroom to find my dress laid out on my twin-sized bed.

The dress was simple. It was white at the top, but slowly faded down to black at the hemline, creating an ombré effect. The dress only reached about mid-thigh and was strapless. I don't like short dresses, and besides, I could never make them look good on me. I'd end up looking like a slut and I don't want that. I matched it with white high heals that I barely wore. I was more of a Nike and Adidas kind of girl, but I did own a few pairs of heals.

With one last look in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and headed out into the hallway outside of my apartment, waiting for Kaitlin.

I was playing on my phone when someone in front of me spoke. "Oh my god, Crys! You look hot! I can assure you that every boy in the club tonight will want you. If I were a boy I know I'd want you," exclaimed Kaitlin, who looked pretty sexy herself.

Her medium length, dark brown hair was curled perfectly. She wore an all black dress that had a one-shoulder strap that hugged all of her curves that I wish I had perfectly.

"I could say the same about you, Kait," I admitted. "But you always look gorgeous so tonight's no special occasion"

"Oh, shut up. Stop acting as if I'm hotter than you when we both know that you were always the hotter one out of all our friends in high school," she laughed, probably remembering all the times when boys would hit on me constantly and I would kindly turn them down.

"Whatever, let's go before I change my mind and go back to being miserable."

•••••••••