Confusion

"Mum, how did you know that Dad was the one?"  asked Priya, Neil and Avni's 13 year old daughter.  Avni was stumped.  She didn't know what she should tell Priya.  She decided to tell her the truth.

"Priya, to tell you the truth, your dad and I had an arranged marriage. I never met your father until after the wedding ceremony.    I was very shy as a child due to some things."  said Avni

"What things?" asked Priya

"Well, Priya, I was an only child.  I was only 5 years old, when I saw my mother, Ayesha, killed.  Cause of that I was very sheltered.   I was very shy, I was comfortable with children.  I worked in a NGO.  My father had remarried a couple years after the incident, and I adored my new mother. Neela, Papa's second wife was a fresh breathe of air. She brought a positive change in the family.       My mother, Neela, taught me to be independent, but I was very reserved.  I was only comfortable with my family or at the NGO.  My family thought it was time for me to get married.  They kept on asking me if I had a boyfriend or was there someone in my mind that I preferred to being married to.  But all I could say was that there was no one.   So finally, they found someone for me.  I was arranged to be married.  I had never even seen a picture of my fiance.  All she knew is that he was an ACP in Mumbai."

Avni started to think about the past.    Her family was very conservative.    She had gone to an all girls school.  She was very reserved, she didn't have alot of friends, just kept to herself.  She was happy with her family, she knew that her family was worried about her.    She was an odd one,  she had no interest in things other than her family.   Her stepmother, Neela, never differiate between Avni or Amol, her brother.  She had an cousin, Riya,  but they lived in Mumbai while she lived near Delhi.  Her family was quite overprotective of Avni as a result of what had happened to her mother.   Her grandmother decided that Avni will be taught at a all girls school where even the teachers were female.  

Avni remembering the past

"Amol, I want to see the man I am going to marry.  I know Grandmother, she's a little old school, but you would figure, that the marrying couple would meet before the wedding at least.    I know its impossible for us to go to Mumbai to meet him, but he couldn't spend some time to come and meet me or at least talk to me, I would like a chance to find out if I am gonna marry a monster.  Nowadays, mostly everyone has a love marriage, even if its an arrange marriage, they see each other, what is wrong with this man.  Why didn't he want to see me or talk to me?" asked Avni.

"Avni Di, Jeeju is stuck working a case.  You know that being an ACP, that he will be busy at times, he didn't want to get distracted.  He has seen a picture of you, and how would he talk to you when you don't even have a phone, since you haven't replaced it when it broke."

"I guess your right.  But it would have been nice to at least talk to the man.  I mean,  we are supposed to get married, and I have never even talked to the man.  I don't know what kind of man he is.  He doesn't know me.  Grandmother is afraid, that if I see him, I may reject him or he reject me, but I don't understand, if rejection takes place, it can be done after the wedding, right?" stated Avni

"You're right, Di.  But I think the main concern is that he is in the middle of his case.  He is trying to close up lose ends, before he comes to Delhi.   He was planning to spend some time here with us before the wedding, but things didn't happen the way he had planned.  He didn't realize that he would not be able to come until just before the wedding."  stated Amol

"Fine.  I guess whatever happens, happens." said Avni

"Oh Di.  You know he is related to Riya Di.   She adores you, and wants the best for you."

"Yes. She does." Avni smiles.  "But I still think its weird that I have met everyone except him. What if he--"

"Di, stop if with the What if's.  I know it doesn't happen in this day and age, but circumstances haven't let you two talk or meet.   Dadi would never let you go to Mumbai alone even though Ketan Chachu lives there.  We all have met him.  He's a nice guy.   Stop trying find reasons to fault him.    Riya and Chachu adore him.  Thats a point in his favor.    Besides, you haven't seen him, but he saw you in Riya and Abhi's wedding.  Besides, you liked his picture right?"  stated Amol

"Actually, I didn't see his picture.  Sitara and Tara started to fight over the picture before I could see it, and then it was destoyed in their fight.  Afterwards, Ma and Papa came and were so happy.  So when they asked, I said yes.  But I did tell them that his picture was destroyed after I had seen it.  I lied.  I figured that he would be here before the wedding or at least I would have been able to speak to him."  said Avni 

Amol shook his head.  "Its seems that the universe doesn't want you two to meet until the wedding.   This can only happen to you...Why would you give the picture to the Bumbling Twins before you can see him. " asked Amol

"I didn't give it to them.  Mum had put the picture on my desk and the girls found and started fighting over it."

"Let me see what I can do." stated Amol

A couple of days later,  Amol handed a picture with two men.  There was a man whose only side view was seen, but the other man was looking straight at the camera.  He had a scar.   Avni got scared.  She knew without asking that the man who had the scar was her fiance.  He was an ACP, he had a dangerous job.  He looked mean.

A week later, Avni found herself married to ACP Neil Khanna.  A man whose name is in the news, but no picture of him.  Avni was so scared  but her family had nothing but praises of him.  She thought that her family knew best.  She would make the best of it.  Later, she got the shock of her life.  The man is thought was not her husband.  Her husband had no scar.  The man she married was the man whose side view was seen in the picture.....