Start of New Life (Part 3)

The next day was a new start.  She started the day with tradition of Rasoi, with her cooking for her new family.   As she explained to her mother in law and grandmother in law, she was not as good cook in the kitchen.  She had spent more time out of the kitchen rather than in.    She did explain that her birth mother did start to teach her how to cook before she had died.  

She had told them that she could make Poha, which was agreeable to her inlaws.    Her inlaws weren't acting like she was force upon them, they were acting like it was a normal wedding with all the traditions.    As she had finished making breakfast, she had quickly set the table and started to call everyone.   Shweta had told her to go get Neil, as he was still not down yet.

Avni figured it was a good time to find out what was going on.  Everyone was acting normal, when everyone knew that she had married Neil under false pretenses.

"Neil!" yelled Avni as she walked into the room.  The room was empty.  "Where did he go?" whispered Avni

"Why?  Missing me already?  Shall we cancel your PagPhera?" said Neil from behind Avni

"What?  I didn't say that!" replied Avni.

"Mummy ji is calling you for breakfast" stated Avni

"If I am not mistaken, you made breakfast for your first rasoi.  Can you cook?" asked Neil

"No I can not cook.  Now come down.  Ali will be by shortly." said Avni as she left the room.

"Damn, I forgot to ask him about the family's attitude.  Mummy ji didn't like me and now she is treating me like I am part of the family.  Neil is gonna make me lose my mind." whispered Avni.

Breakfast was done, the gift was given, overall it was a typical morning for a newly wedded couple.  Avni was surprised that everyone was so nice to her considering that she had married Neil under dubious circumstances.   Ali had come by to pick Avni up for her PagPhera.   Bebe had given her gifts for Nanno, Neela Ma and Ali.    Bebe had also given Neil instructions to pick Avni in the evening.

Neela Ma ignored Avni's questions regarding Neil and his family, told her to concentrate on her new life, she would deal with Ashish Mehta and his son, Amol.   Before she knew it, it was almost time for Neil to come and pick her up.    As the doorbell rang, she told her Ma that she would answer the door since it would be Neil coming to pick her up.  When she opened the door she was shocked, it was Ashish Mehta and Amol at the door. 

"Ma, your ex-husband is here!" yelled  Avni and walked away.

"Avni, we came to see you." said Ashish.  

"No!  I don't want to have anything to do with you or your family.   My goal was to punish your mother for murdering my mother and trying to kill me.   You weren't there when I needed you and now I am not here for you.  I have all the family I need." and left the room.

Neil had come to pick up Avni, when he witnessed everything.   As he was behind Ashish and Amol, nobody knew that he had arrived.

"Mr. Mehta, I warned you to stay away from Avni.  She has suffered enough." said Neil startling Ashish who realized that Neil overheard his conversation with Avni.

Neela Ma had walked into the foyer, and saw that Neil along with Ashish and Amol had arrived. 

"Neil, come in, Avni is just getting ready.  Her mood is a little off."  

"I know Neela Ma.   I witnessed her conversation with Mr. Mehta.  I will take her home now, and her mood will turn for the better."  he smiled at Neela Ma.