Clearing the Confusion (Part 2)

Avni shook her head at her thoughts.  "Priya, why don't you go check on your brother. "  Priya left Avni alone.  A little while later, Neil walked in, bent down to kiss her cheek as he wished her hello.

"What is my love doing?" asked Neil

"Nothing.  Just thinking." stated Avni

"Thinking?  A dangerous thought"  teased Neil

"Neil! I was just thinking about our engagement and first meet. And before you ask why, Priya was asking how I knew that you were the one?"  stated Avni

Neil starting laughing.  "Oh my god!  You were so scared of me!  It took me awhile just for you to get used to me.  You used to blush so much.  I started thinking that it was your permanent color."

FLASHBACK

"Jeeju, Avni Di is nervous."  said Amol

"Why?  We met before.  She agreed to the marriage" stated Neil

"Actually, Jeeju.  Avni Di doesn't remember you.    She doesn't remember meeting you at all.    She doesn't like big crowds, and Riya Di's wedding was huge.  She was nervous during Di's wedding so she never really looked at anyone.   She has met everyone except you. The picture that was sent, she wasn't able to see it due some overexcited cousins.  And now since the wedding is in two days,  she is becoming more nervous and scared."

"Don't worry about that!  I can't do anything about the meeting face to face, since it is close to the wedding, but I can call her on your cell.  Just message me when you can get her to talk to me."  stated Neil

"Ok Jeeju."  As Amol walked away, he looked backed at Neil and said, "Jeeju, you may want to invest in a phone company.  Since the first thing you will do is buy her a phone, you may want to keep extras around.  She is habital of losing or breaking her phone."   

Neil just shook his head, he had planned to come earlier but his cases took longer than expected.   Avni was an ajooba, a confusing mix of bravery and shyness.  

"Want to help me play a prank on your Di?"  asked Neil

"Jeeju,  this doesn't sound good, what if it backfires on you?  Di is sensitive.  What if she takes it the wrong way?"

"Amol, just a small one.  Just don't let us meet until the wedding.  I have already met her.  I was ready to marry when I saw her at Riya and Abhi's wedding.  She doesn't remember me, that is okay.  I will talk to her on the phone only.   I know she will able to see me if we video chat so I won't do that.  Just talk only.   I will send you her new phone within the hour."

"Will do.  Just don't tease her too much." said Amol

Within the hour, Amol had Avni's new phone in hand, as he handed the phone, he said, 

"Di, someone has sent you a gift.  It seems that someone is anxious as you to talk to you" 

"Amol, you're not making sense.  What are you babbling about" asked Avni

"Di, you were complaining not too long ago, that you have not met Jeeju, nor have you talked to him.  Since the wedding is in two days, you won't be able to meet him, but he sent you a phone, so you guys can talk.  Finally, you can stop complaining in my ears."

"Amol, I don't have his number" stammered a shocked Avni.

"Di, Jeeju has already preprogrammed all the numbers.  His, his family, Riya Di's, and our family here.  The only numbers he didn't program was the ones he didn't know.    Jeeju and I went to the shop and he bought you the phone, that he thought you would like, he just asked my suggestion.   He also got the case and the screen protector, just for you."

"Amol!" yelled Avni, as Amol ran out of the room.

The next two days, everyone was busy with the wedding preparations, but Neil didn't hesitate to give Avni a call before bed each night.

The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly, as the expected.  After the wedding, everyone had gone over to house rented by the Khanna's for the last part of the celebrations.  Here Avni felt alone, though she was in a crowd of people.  Mostly everyone was a stranger except her cousin, Riya.   Riya was busy trying organize everything.   The weird thing was that she was expected to have her face covered in the veil.   Her mother in law had told her that the brides faces are uncovered the next day, due to some traditions.    Her veil/dupatta was so heavy that she couldn't see through it and needed help in basic things like walking.   Neil was helpful in that, but she still couldn't see if his face due to the angle.     She felt like pinching him, she was getting frustrated.   After the ceremony of finding the ring, her cousin took her to the room. 

Now she was nervous.  She didn't know what to do.  She couldn't confess to Riya.  But she wanted to go back home.    She sat on the bed, gripping her hands.  A few minutes later, she got up and walked around, talking to herself.  "What am I doing?  Oh my God!  Oh no. I am married!  What if I screw this up.  He's gonna hate me!  Mummy ji and Papaji will hate me!   What am I gonna do!" 

What Avni didn't realized is that when she was sitting on the bed, Neil had quietly come in, and was observing her.  He knew that she was nervous, and he was trying to figure out a way to calm her down, when she got off the bed and starting talking to herself.  Which was helpful to Neil.

"Nobody is gonna hate you.  We adore you." said Neil

Avni let a squeak before covering her mouth with her hands.  "Who are you?" she asked before covering her mouth again.

Neil starting laughing. "Avni, you are a doll.  I am your husband, Neil.  Neil Khanna.  I realized that you were not able to see my picture, but you do realize that the only man that would be in our room would be me, your husband"

"Opps.  I'm nervous.  It's a common mistake." said Avni

Neil shook his head, smiling.  Neil grabbed her hands, and led her the bed.  Sat her down, and then kneeled so he was facing her.  "Avni, I know that we just got married.  I saw you in Abhi and Riya Bhabi's wedding.  And Riya spoke alot about you, so I am happy that we are married, but I know that you don't know me very well.  Actually, you don't know me at all.  I would like to change that.  So how about we become friends before we proceed to the husband/wife relation."

"I would like that very much!" said a smiling Avni.  A moment later, Avni hugged Neil without a thought.  Neil had to catch himself, saving him and Avni a tumble to the floor. 

"Opps! That was a close one.  I almost threw you to the ground.  Sorry" said a tearful Avni

"Avni.  Its okay.  I prefer to see you the way you are.  I want to be happy with me.  With me, I want you to be you.  I don't need you to be someone, I want you to be you."

"Thank you" Avni cried, as she hugged him again.

"Let's change, and sleep.  We have another long day tomorrow" said Neil.