Explanations

"I would like to meet with Avni Khanna" said ACP Neil Khanna to the jailor where Avni was residing. 

After a few minutes, an officer came back and said,"I am sorry sir.   She is refusing to meet you."

"I am sorry Sir, it's been a year and every time you have come to see her, she has refused to see you.  In fact, she has refused to see anyone that has come to see."

"Officer, can I see the list of everyone that has been requesting to see her.  Actually, get me a list of both everyone that has seen her since her lock up and the ones that have come to see her and  have been refused be seen by her.  And I want these lists quickly." said Neil

Twenty minutes later, the list was in his hand.  He saw that Bebe, Neela Ma, his parents, Kareena, Ali anHed DD were on the list besides himself but there was a name on this list that surprised him.  Vidyut R. Pandit.  Thank god, that Avni had refused to see him.    His days were numbered. 

He didn't like to do this, but he was gonna use his rank and see her.    He had enough.   She had sulked long enough.    He knew his wife was stubborn,  but didn't realized that she took stubbornness to a whole new level.  

He was led to Avni's cell and saw that she was sleeping.   He woke her up and told her to follow him.   As she followed him, she said, "Mr. Khanna, I told the other officer that I do not want to see any one."

"But I am not anyone.  I am your husband."

"Please Neil.  Just go."

"Not until I say what I came to say.  Now sit down Avni!"

Avni sat across Neil and looked everywhere but at Neil.

"How are you?" asked Neil

"I am fine.  How are you?" replied Avni

"I'm not fine.  Do you know why?"

"Why would I know?  I haven't even seen you in a year."

"Well, that is what happens, when a man comes to see his wife, and she refuses to see him.  The same wife who lied to him.   How could you, Avni? You know I hate lies."

"When did I lie to you?  I haven't seen you in a year, remember?"

"You told me that you shot Juhi, when it was Misty that shot her. "

"No Neil, you assumed that I shot her.  You just arrested me.  You didn't even asked for an explanation.  So forgive me but I refuse to say another word about it!"

"You better say a lot more than that!!"

"No!  I am not going to.  So if that is all, I am going back to my cell.  And please forget that you even knew me."  she said, as she got up to leave.

Next thing Avni knew, she was turned back towards Neil, and kissed fiercely.   After a few moments, she gathered herself, and pushed Neil away.

"Neil!! What do you think you are doing?"

"Well, kissing my wifey"

"I am not your wife"

"That's not true.    We are still married"

"I signed the divorce papers."

"Funny thing about that.  A divorce is granted if both parties sign the papers and then submitted.   And I will never sigh those papers, let alone have them submitted"

"Neil, why are you doing this?"

"I can ask you the same thing.  I knew that you didn't shoot Juhi,  but Misty did.  I needed Misty's statement so I could get you out of here.  Finally, we were able to locate her from where Vidyut had her hidden.    So now we can proceed with the next step."

"No Neil, Misty can not stay in jail.  I won't let you do this"

"Avni, you need to trust me.  Misty will not be going to jail.  If you had seen me earlier, we would have done this another way, but now we will do this my way"

"What do you mean?  What have you done?"

"Don't worry, wifey.   Everything is already done"

"Neil"

"Well, you were here where it was safe for you, so we got evidences against Vidyut and his mother, Ragini."

"What!"

"Yes, I'm surprised that my smart and intelligent wifey didn't figure it out.  You were arrested but not charged.  There was no trial.  Just a sentence.  It was all an act to show Vidyut that we are separated."

"What"

"Yes, Ragini killed a nurse, ran a human trafficing racket yet she was walking free due to Juhi's lies.  And you, who didn't even shoot Juhi was locked up.  There was no logic there.  We knew she had connections on the inside.   We just had to make sure we got everyone involved with Ragini and Vidyut Pandit.

"Neil"

"Yes, Avni.  I am surprised that it didn't click with you that this was all an act."

Avni started to smack Neil, Neil ran around the table trying to get away from her.

"Why couldn't you try harder.  I spent a year without my family, Mummyji, Papaji, Bebe, Ma, everyone.  You thought I would be safer in prison.  Neil, stop trying to run away from me.  You are gonna get punished. "

"Avni, I am a police officer.  You will be punished if you hit a police officer"

"Neil, I am gonna hit my husband, not a police officer.  Now stop running away."

Neil stopped running around the table.  Avni ran into him. Neil grabbed her before she could fall onto the ground.

"So, now you will admit that you are my wifey."

"Fine.  As long as I get to punish you."

"You don't think that you being here was a punishment for me.  I can't live without you.  There is no Neil without his Avni. "  Neil hugged Avni tightly, wanting to never let go.

"I am sorry, Neil.  I was angry and hurt that you could believe that I could kill Juhi.   I know I can get very angry,  but I can only loose control with Dayawanti Mehta.   Cause I knew that she wouldn't ever stop trying to kill me, so either I would have killed her or she kill me.  I knew my luck would run out one day.  I had survived many attempts on my life.  I am impulsive but not stupid.  All I wanted was for Misty to have a normal life.  I didn't want her to become another Avni Ayesha/Ananya Verma."

"She won't.  She is now your sister-in-law."

"What!"

"I forgot to tell you.  She is my little sister now.  Mum and Papa adopted her."

"Seriously,  she is gonna have a happy life."

"Yes, Avni.   She will be happy with her new parents, her Angel and Superman.  Everything will be okay now."

"Love you"  whispered Avni as she hugged him.