Helpless

Neil and Neela watched as Avni stumbled and fell in front of Juhi and Misty.   Misty pushed herself away from Juhi and ran towards Avni.   Neil and Neela also ran towards Avni.  Juhi tried to grab Misty and tried to walk away from the scene.  

Neil yelled,"If you don't stop, I will issue a shoot on site order for you"

Neil was checking Avni out when he noticed that she had a gunshot wound on her shoulder.  He picked her up and hold Neela Ma and Juhi to follow him.

Avni was rushed to the hospital with Neil and Neela Ma watching her.   Prakash and Shweta arrived at the hospital as Neil drove in.    As Avni was taken into the operating room, he had gotten DD to take Juhi and Misty back to the police station.  He had told DD to keep them in Interrogration room 1, and he would arrive there as soon as possible.

"Neil, how did this happened?"  asked Prakash.

"Papa, I believe either Vidyut or his men shot Avni.  I do not know if they were trying to kill Juhi ad Avni got in their way or if Avni was the target.  Avni was also holding a gun on  Juhi asking to let Misty go.  Juhi was refusing and next thing we know is that Avni is shot.  

Hours later, the doctor comes out of the operating room.

"Doctor, how is my Avni.   She will be okay."

"Mr. Khanna, I won't lie to you.  Your wife has lost alot of blood.  I have taken the bullet out and have repaired the tissue.  The rest is up to her and God.  She should be conscious in a few hours, if not, she can run a risk of going into a coma.

Afterwards, making sure there was someone with Avni, and guards at the sitting outside her door, Neil went to the station to interrogate Juhi.

Juhi and Misty were sitting in the interrogation room where Juhi was pleading with Misty.  What Juhi didn't realize that the room was been taped.  

Juhi was trying to convince Misty to say that Avni was hurting her and Misty was refusing to go along with her.   Misty was arguing with Juhi stating "I don't like you.  I hate you!  You hurt my Angel."

Just as Juhi was about to slap Misty,  Neil walks into the room.  "Tsk, Tsk." 

"Misty,  want to listen to some music while I talk to Juhi. "

"Sure Superman"  Neil gave Misty his phone, and some headphones so she wouldn't get disturbed by their talks. 

" Do you really want a charge of child abuse in your charts, along with fraud, extoration, and attempt of murder."

"Murder!  I didn't attempt to murder anyone"  said Juhi

"Oh really, so switching Avni's sindoor was not an attempt.  You knew she was allergic, but you don't know how severe her allergic could be.  It could be a mild or serious allergic reaction.   Misty really lucked out on the parental department.  Father who is a cruel bastard, who emotionally and mentally abused her, and her mother, who physically abuses her.  If you didn't care for her, why send us to get her.  Was it all a ploy to get me.  No wonder Misty was attached to Avni.  Avni knew how she felt, cause she went thru the same thing with her father and grandmother.    Children are very good judges of characters, and Misty judged you lacking.  And I agree with her.  You are lacking as a mother, woman and a human being.  You tried to destroy the one person who was on your side from day one.  My family, me nor anyone else supported you the way Avni did.  And what did you do, try to destroy her marriage.  You tried to kill my grandmother cause she found out your truth.  You and your friends had my aunt and my sister kidnapped.   How many people were going to get hurt in covering up your truth."  said Neil.