Healing (Broken Part 2)

After a few weeks, Prakash had gone into Avni's room, to let her know that breakfast was ready, but Avni wasn't in her room.   Prakash went down to the dining area to check if Avni and Mowgli were there, but no luck.   

"Bebe, where is Avni?  I don't see Mowgli either" asked Prakash.

"Sunny puttar, Mowgli and Neil went Delhi." said Bebe

"Delhi?  Why?  Avni is in terrible condition, and he decides to go to Delhi and he takes Mowgli with him!  Is he crazy?  I don't have time for this.  Where is Avni?"  asked Prakash again.

"Prakash ji, I have looked everywhere.  I don't know where Avni is!"  cried Shweta.

"Don't worry about Bhabi ji, Mataji.  Bhabi ji is with Neil Sir.   Neil Sir, Bhabi ji and Mowgli have left the city for Bhabi ji's treatment." stated DD as he walked into the Khanna home.

"But how can he?  He has no right to take her!" yelled Prakash.

"Actually Uncle ji, Neil Sir has remarried Bhabi ji.   He took the Commissioner's help and was married to Bhabi ji two days ago.    Uncle ji, Avni Bhabi and Neil Sir, they can't live with out each other.  The situation that led to their divorce wasn't anyone's fault, but the result was that Bhabi ji was lost to us.   There has been enough of anger, hurt and pain.   Neil Sir won't be back until Avni Bhabi is better.    Please let Neil Sir heal Avni Bhabi  so they can come home." stated DD

"Where did he go?  Doesn't he care about Avni?  What he wants doesn't matter, its trying to heal Avni that matters?  Why doesn't he let the doctors do their job?" said a frustrated Prakash.

"Sunny puttar, calm down.  Think with a cool mind.  Tillu loves Avni.  He always has, and always will.  NO matter how and what comes in between, their love wasn't in question.  What was protection of this family.    They both suffered in trying to protect this family.    Neil put Avni in jail to protect her from Vidyut and Avni faked her death for the happiness of this family.    Avni lost everything when Neela died.  Her love, family and support."  stated Bebe

"But Bebe, Avni would heal better if we were around."  said Prakash.

"Actually, Prakash ji, I think it would be better if Avni and Neil are together alone with Mowgli.  If we are around, we will be a crutch for Avni.  I want Avni to better.  To be the old Avni.  We wouldn't be able to see Avni the way she is.  We would be helping her, enabling her.  She needs her husband and child.   And without us, she will be depending on Neil, not us."  said Shweta

"Sunny puttar, Shweta, for once, is right.  We need Neil to handle this."

"Fine!  DD, call Neil and tell him to keep us informed.  Tell him he is not off the hook, but if he is able to get Avni all better, all will be forgiven, but there is a time limit.  Six months, if there is no improvement, i want her back here.  Understand!"  stated Prakash

"Yes, Uncle ji.  I will let Neil Sir know."  said DD as he quickly left the Khanna house.  

A couple of months later, in another part of the country, Neil was trying his best hoping to get a reaction from Avni with no luck.    DD had sent him a copy of Neela singing to Avni in jail, Neil didn't want to use the recording but it seemed that he had no choice, Avni wasn't reacting to anything,  The doctor had told him to bring out their old memories, but nothing seemed to work.   Avni was living in the past, and was scared to face the present.  Avni talked normally when she was hypnotized by the doctor.    She was keeping her emotions frozen.  The only time she smiled was Mowgli.   Mowgli was helpful in entertaining Avni but couldn't bring Avni out.    Doctors were optimistic.  Avni was responding slowly but preferred to live in her happy memories.     Neil would sing to her to make her happy.   She loved it when he sang.

Neil decided to go back home as Avni was getting better, thought that a change of atmosphere was needed.    Avni was slowly coming back to the present.  Mowgli was slowly accepting him back.   Everything that he lost five years ago, and then a few months ago was being regained.  His love, family was now with him in some form, but slowly returning back to him.    He felt that slowly everything will be better and the last five years will be forgotten like a bad dream.

He had trust in his love, and surely, Avni was slowly coming back.  She was slowly showing her emotions to him.  She was acting like a child at times, with her getting mad, happy or childish.  Neil was seeing an Avni that he had never seen before.  Avni was a guarded person before, yet now Neil knew what Avni was thinking as she would show him her emotions.    Neil realized that this Avni is one that would have grown up, if she wasn't hindered by her past and revenge.  

He loved all versions of his wife.   The angry bird, childish baby or the shy bride.   Avni wasn't living in her memories but creating new memories with Mowgli and Neil.   She was possessive of both of them and vice a versa.

Bebe and Shweta had gotten their house ready for their arrival, while Prakash was busy pacing back and forth, in front of the entrance.    They didn't take any chances, DD was also informed as he went to the airport to pick them up.  

DD was quite happy that Neil and his family were coming back,  that his family were complete now.   

Avni was quite shy as she was meeting new people, she quietly said hello and held Mowgli's hand.    Later, Neil had mentioned to her that they were going to live with his parents, she became happy.  She would have parents around.    Neil rang the door bell and immediately, the door was opened by an older gentleman.

Avni was surprised to see him and questioned "Papaji, you're here?"  questioned Avni.  Neil quickly caught her as she fainted.

"Neil?"  questioned Prakash.

"Avni!  What happened to Avni?" questioned Shweta and Bebe

"It's okay.  Avni just fainted.   The doctors warned me that this could happen.   The doctor mentioned that she is better, but her mind was resting as it was overwhelmed with everything.  She is slowly getting better but she may have episodes where it seems that she is being overwhelmed, and she needs a break.   I am gonna take her to our room and then have a doctor come and check her out. "

"Neil, you take her, and I will call the doctor.  Then we will talk."  said Prakash.

"Papa, you aren't angry, are you?" asked Neil

"Is Daddu mad at you Papa?" asked Mowgli

"No, Mowgli.  I am not made at your Papa.  He brought home my daughter.  All is good.  Now that our whole family is together, it's only happiness." stated Prakash

"Yes, finally, our family is due some happiness" smiled Shweta.