Chapter 19| On The Ship

"Are you nervous?" Natsu asked Lucy as she played with her thumbs.

Two hours ago they had gotten Mira, she was ready with a school bag on her back that contained some grass to eat without the roots or dirt, some water, and her cable port so the Humans could see it.

"Are we really sure this is a good idea?" Lucy asked, "what if this doesn't work?"

"This is for you," Levy said sympathy written all over her face. "Now stop trembling before I kick your ass!" Levy kicked Lucy's back. Lucy knew what ass meant, it was one of the curse words she did know and used.

"I'm just nervous we're going to get caught. I've never escaped large white walls." Lucy said as she stared at the wall in front of them.

They plan to board a ship in secret. Hide away somewhere, or offer some assistance.

As they made it to a ship Erza spoke to a superior first deciding to join the ship and offer assistance was the best plan.

"Hello, I'm Erza Scarlet and I'm here for volunteering." Erza said. A man with a large beard and a hat on his head eyed her, confusion spread across his face.

"Why would a little girl like you wanna work on a ship? Shouldn't you work in law and justice or as a doctor?"

"No sir, this is my dream." She pointed behind her, "this is all of our dream."

He looked at the rest from behind her. He pointed towards Lucy, Mira, and Levy to come forward.

"Look I'll let you join, but you boys and girls are going to work on different parts. Do you have permission from your superiors?" He asked. In the community nobody lied so of course he was expecting the truth, but the truth is not what he received.

"Though it was hard to convince, yes we did." Levy spoke.

"You four girls can go in the back to help clean the beds and ready the ports and waters. You boys can sweep the deck and whatnot."

They shouted a yes sir! and went on their way. The girls cleaned the beds and hand the ports ready to feed off. Natsu and Jellal were sweeping the deck trying to make it spotless, unfortunately the captain of the ship had a cleaning problem.

"Scrub harder! I've never seen such feminine arms before!" The man shouted as he pointed towards Jellal's arm.

"I was originally going to be a doctor." Jellal said. That made sense, his arms were buff so he wouldn't have been anything that involved the outdoors much.

Natsu flexed slightly, "I was going to be a lumber worker."

The captain chuckled, "now theres the muscle. You both could have been amazing workers yet you decided to work on a ship with your lady friends."

"Yes sir!"

"You've got some spark in ya, but you ain't got the cleaning skills." He sighed. He had a bit of an accent, but that could've been because ship workers don't get much education. "Keep sweeping and scrubbing, afterwards you and the girls can rest up until we reach the walls got it?"

They nod a yes and continue their work. The ships always go close to the walls to inform the guard of their travels, so while they engage in a conversation the kids could easily sleep away. Sounds easier to say then to be done.

After the kids worked their muscles off they rested in the sleeping quarters. Some other ship crew were sleeping soundly.

Natsu gathered then in a corner and quietly asked, "Are you all ready?"

Lucy, Mira, Erza, and Jellal nodded. Levy raised a fist in the air and silently screamed, "hell yeah!"

Lucy cringed at her soft yelling but laughed afterwards along with the others.

"Lets go to sleep and wait for the captains orders."