Chapter 9| Different

Narrative perceptive

"Doctor...?" a nurse said in a tone almost in audible. Her hand rested behind Lucy's ear.

"Yes?" The doctor asked as he continued to check Lucy's heart beat. Another nurse took a quick look as well and quickly gasp. "Is that possible?"

"What is it?" He questioned. They move aside so his hand can take the place of the nurses. He looked closely and noticed something out of place; behind her ear was smooth with skin.

His eyes widen, this is the first instance of someone not having anything to connect their ports too.

"G-Get a Ruler! They must know what's happening!" He said in an dire tone. The nurses panicked and ran out of the room just as Lucy's eyes began to open slightly.

"Hello?" She whispered. "I'm very hjngry, may I eat?" She questioned. The man looked confused.

"I don't know how..." his voice trailed off. Lucy looked at the man with a confused expression. "Please ma'am, wait in here."

Lucy nodded but noticed as he turned around the three open spaces behind his ear. Newpeople.

Newpeople were real! And in front of her! They are advanced with medical equipment and their buildings were more advanced as well, she remembered getting taught in school on how humans used to use electronics almost everyday of their life's.

She looked down to find a needle connected to her forearm, possibly to collect blood. She ripped it out of her body and stood from the bed. She still wore her ripped clothing from before with the exception of her jacket.

She looked around and found her bag, she put it on and walked out the room. She looked down and ignored every person in the building. She was still amazed on how different it was in comparison to hers.

She arrived in what she could only guess was a lobby but immediately bummed into someone. When she looked up it was a man in scrubs with long black hair and red eyes, "pardon me ma'am." He said as he walked passed her.

They didn't speak a language she wasn't already accustomed to so that was handy. She looked back down and walked until she bumped into someone else. "Pardon me." She said like the man before her. The person she bumped into held her shoulders causing her to glance up.

A boy around her age with pink hair and tan skin looked at her. His onyx eyes bearing into her brown ones. His eyebrow raised in confusion, "aren't you the girl that they took in just a few moments ago?"

Lucy panicked and grabbed his wrist. Normally in Natsu's community it was rude to touch one another on purpose if they were strangers. He felt a little offed as she pulled him out of the office building. All he did was hold her shoulders with the intent to to let go immediately afterwards.

Lucy stopped in her tracks. The community had low grass that was bright green. Tall skinny trees that could barley hide anyone from the sun that would be shinning in there morning. It was snowing slightly but not enough to slip on.

It was different than what she saw outside the walls. The scorching sun didn't make an appearance in here. And the trees weren't very tall and big like the one in her own living area.

She glanced around the area and pulled him behind a building. It was vacant enough. It was strange to see everything so clean, she was used to the mud that would track everywhere or the smell of meat in the air, the only smell she could register was the smell of freshly cut grass. The concrete back home were clean and cracked, her family lived in an old empty town with the buildings as huts. The concrete there were cracked and drawn on by the children.

"Excuse me?" Natsu said, "can you please stop touching me?"

Lucy nodded and let him go, but watched him to make sure he wouldn't run. She wasn't a Newperson and she didn't want to risk getting caught either.

"I'm Lucy, you?" She asked still looking around to see if anybody noticed them. He pulled a hand out, "I'm Natsu."

Lucy followed the gesture slowly and shakes his hand.

"Why are you dirty?" He questioned as he eyes her bare feet and stained white dress.

"Stop asking questions." She ordered. "I am a human with no ports, I come from a place with no buildings but huts, now take me to your home so I may eat and sleep."

"...what?"