News And Heartache

Two Months Later

Vincent jumped awake at the sound of banging and crashing from down stairs. He looked to his side finding Cremisi still asleep and sighed in relief. He tried to gently move out of bed but failed as she woke from the movement. "Vincent?" He turned towards her and leaned over placing a hand on the bed while brushing some hair out of her face with his other. "Stay here and don't get out of bed." She scowled at him moving to sit up. "What's going on?" He grabbed her shoulders pushing her back to lay down. "I don't know but I want you to stay out of whatever it is alright? I'm going to go check it out." She heard the crashing and her head snapped to the door. Vincent's grip on her shoulders tightened. "Stay put. Keep them safe." He placed his hand on her stomach and leaned down giving her a kiss. "Alright, but you be careful." He nodded and ran for the door. She sat up and moved so her feet were dangling off the bed. She frowned looking at the door as the crashing and banging sounds picked up along with gun fire adding in. Her head snapped to the window and she threw her arms in front of her to shield herself as the glass shattered. Her eyes widened as two men ran at her after getting from their kneeling position on the floor. She quickly jumped to her feet and tried to fight them off with her fire but they only came off with minor burns as she was only able to graze them with her flames. One of the men managed to get behind her and grabbed her wrists trying to pry them behind her back. "Careful of the child!" She became distracted by the fact that the one who wasn't fighting her yelled at the other and knew she was with child. Her distraction gave the one behind her the advantage and he pulled her wrists behind her back and shoved her to her knees. "Quickly! Give her the sedative!" Cremisi began struggling in the man's grasp once more before she threw herself forward but not far. "Vincent!" The one before her quickly pulled a needle out of his pouch on his hip and stabbed it into her shoulder. The door flew open and a gun shot echoed throughout the room. The man behind her fell limp letting her go but so did she. She looked at Vincent with a hazy gaze as the man before her caught her and picked her up into his arms. He made a quick dash for the window with Vincent following hot on his tail. Cremisi tried to fight the effects off the sedative but found it no use and completely went limp in the man's arms.

Vincent shot at the man who took off with Cremisi careful not to hit her but the man was slick and fast taking to the allies of the town and made a quick disappearance. Vincent put his gun away in anger. "Dam it!" He made haste back to the bar and entered through the window moving to the man he shot and grabbed him by the front of his shirt. "Where did he take her?" He shook the bleeding man harshly in anger. "Answer me!" The man panted in pain looking up at Vincent as he bled from his back. "You won't find her. You couldn't get past Dr. Pavlovich's men even if you did find the place." Vincent growled in anger and shot the guy in the head. Tifa ran into the room panting. "Vincent! We. Where's Cremisi?" Her eyes widened seeing the man on the floor. "The attack." Vincent stood up and turned towards Tifa. "Get me Reeve." Tifa didn't answer any questions and ran off. Vincent walked out of the room heading down the stairs. Reeve met Vincent at the bottom of the stairs and looked at him as if searching for answers. "What happened Vincent? Where's Cremisi?" Vincent didn't answer his question but asked him his own. "Who is Dr. Pavlovich?" Reeve rose a brow at him. "Where did you hear that name? I haven't heard that name in years." Vincent walked up to Reeve grabbing him by the front of his coat. "Answer me Reeve." Reeve placed his hand on Vincent's. "Calm down Vincent. Let's head to my office and talk about this." Vincent threw Reeve against the wall angrily. "Cremisi may not have that much time Reeve! This Dr. Pavlovich has her and my children! Who knows what he could be doing to them." Reeve scowled at Vincent gently pushing him back. "You need to take a moment and calm down Vincent. You can't just run in there. This isn't like taking on Hojo. Dr. Pavlovich isn't your everyday scientist. You're right and we need to get to her as soon as we can, but we can't just rush in there. Now come with me to my office. Tifa, gather everyone and find Shelke as fast as you can. Meet us there." Tifa nodded running off and Reeve walked away.