Run Aways and Rescues

Cremisi walked out with Vincent into the main room of the manner. She grabbed his arm stopping him as she heard Rosso walking in. He looked at Cremisi curiously until Rosso spoke. "It's so good to see you my love. I see you still have that rat clinging to you. Though, lord Wiess has requested we take her. I cannot fathom why, but it does not matter. What Wiess wants, Wiess gets." Cremisi tightened her grip on Vincent's arm and he placed his hand over her hands. "No one will be getting Cremisi." Rosso laughed and walked forward. "I'm afraid that isn't withing your decision." Vincent shoved Cremisi away as Rosso ran at them at lightning speed. Cremisi's eyes widened and she held her hand out to Vincent in a silent cry as she laid on the ground form being flung. Cremisi was quick to get to her feet and grabbed Vincent's arm as Rosso pulled the Protomateria out of his chest. Cremisi dragged him outside fast though he began shifting between Chaos and himself. She wasn't too worried though. She moved him so that she was practically hugging him but his full body weight was on her. "I see, so you need this to control the beast." Cremisi sent a glare at Rosso that wasn't exactly very menacing. Even if she was meaning it to be. Rosso walked forward but a shuriken flew into the middle of the two women and a cloaked figure jumped to Vincent and Cremisi. Cremisi decided to follow the girl and carried Vincent too a van. Cremisi smacked the girl's hands away from Vincent as Cremisi laid him down on the bench seat of the van. "Geez. I was just trying to help." Cremisi shook her head and looked around for a cloth. As she didn't find one she looked down at her pants and tore some of her pant leg off knowing the girl wouldn't understand her if she asked her for what she was wanting. "Hey hey hey! If you wanted a cloth of some kind you should have just asked!" Cremisi took Vincent's cloak off and pulled his shirt up. She frowned seeing the wound but her eyes lit up as she watched it heal. She dabbed at the wound to clean the blood off. She pulled his shirt down and rested her head on his chest. She sat on her knees as she began drifting off on his chest. Yuffie kept calling out to her trying to get her attention. "Hey lady. Is everything alright? Girl?" Yuffie waved her hand at Cremisi but Cremisi was already lost in the depths of sleep. Yuffie sighed sitting back on the bench seat across from the two. Vincent's movement caught her eyes and she perked up. "Hey take it easy. That girl just took care of your wound." He looked down at Cremisi who was sleeping on his chest. He placed his hand on her back and began lightly shaking her. "Cremisi. Wake up." Yuffie looked at him confused. "Cremisi? That's a strange name. Anyway. You should let her sleep. Seemed like you two had a hard time." Cremisi began to stir and blinked a few times before noticing Vincent was awake. She smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly as she hugged him. He pat her back a few times before shoving her a bit. "Cold as always Vincent. Why don't you ever take a girl's feelings into consideration?" The two looked at her in confusion. Yuffie looked between the two confused. "You don't feel anything for him?" Cremisi tilted her head to the side in confusion and Vincent sat up. "She doesn't understand such things." Cremisi got up and walked to Yuffie. Just as Cremisi was about to reach for Yuffie's hood the girl jumped to her feet throwing the cloak off with a bright smile. "So you're Cremisi? I'm Yuffie." Cremisi stumbled back startled and slipped. Vincent was quick to be at her aid and caught her before she hit the ground. Yuffie was now more confused than anything. "Gee Vincent. I would say you care for her more than you would like to say." He helped Cremisi up and sat her on the bench next to him. "I don't know what you're talking about." Yuffie huffed and placed her fists on her hips. "You can pretend all you want Valentine. I can see right through the charades!" Yuffie pointed at him. He sighed at her. "What are you here for Yuffie?" She jumped around a bit. "Right! Reeve wanted me to contact him once you were up!" Cremisi jumped up at the mention of Reeve's name. Yuffie went to the monitor and Reeve appeared on the screen. Cremisi was excited but it quickly died as she heard gunshots and explosions. She jumped to her feet running to the monitor and placed her hand on the screen. Vincent pulled her back letting Yuffie talk to Reeve. "He'll be fine Cremisi. Relax." She nodded sadly until the van crashed and Yuffie rolled crashing her head on the van wall knocking her out. Cremisi gave the Wutai girl a worried look but Vincent assured her she was fine. The two jumped out of the van and Cremisi began running as headquarters was in sight. Vincent led his hand out to her calling for her before sighing giving in and running after her. She ran to the door holding her hand out letting an electric current charge. She blasted a hole through the door and continued to run through. Vincent grabbed her arm as Shalua and Shelke came in sight. Once by their side he had to tighten his grip to keep her with him. She gave him a teary look but his look was firm. "Reeve will be fine." She looked down and nodded. Her head snapped up at the sound of rumbling. Azul came in sight and Shelke tried to go to him but Shalua wouldn't let her go. Cremisi ignored the sister's interaction and fight as she watched the door worriedly. Vincent began pulling Cremisi as Shalua pulled Shelke. He didn't have to pull her for long as she took off on her own. He sighed following but slid to a stop stopping her as well as he realized the sisters weren't behind them. "Wait Cremisi." She looked back and nodded heading back as well. Her eyes widened as the door began to shut. Cremisi reached out and grabbed Shelke pulling her in hoping Shalua would follow. She frowned as Shalua only shoved her arm in the doorway to say her farewells. Cremisi turned around so she wouldn't have to watch the sad interaction. After the sound of a few clashes Vincent gave the okay to continue moving. That was all Cremisi needed and she was instantly gone. She busted through the door of the main room and frowned seeing Reeve on the floor. Tears weld up in her eyes and began flowing down her cheeks as she ran to him with her arms out. She dropped to her knees next to him as she threw herself on him silently crying into his chest. Reeve frowned looking down at Cremisi. "I'm sorry Cremisi. I didn't mean to upset you." Her hold tightened and he gently wrapped his arms around her. Reeve looked up at Vincent. "I'm sorry about all of this. I was suppose to be the hero and now look where I am." Cremisi moved back and gave him a tear faced smile trying to reassure him. Reeve sighed patting her head. "You aren't thinking of giving up are you?" Reeve just kept his eyes on Cremisi. "Maybe so." Cremisi frowned and looked down sadly. He pat her head and looked at Vincent. "Go take care of her for me Vincent. Keep the files." Her eyes widened and she looked back and fourth between the men in panic. Vincent gave him an uneased look. "Are you sure you want to say goodbye?" Reeve couldn't bare to look at Cremisi. "I'm not going to say this is goodbye, but I'm placing her in your care now." Cremisi grabbed Reeve's arms in panic and Vincent gently grabbed hers trying to pry her from Reeve. She lashed against Vincent and wrapped her arms around Reeve's torso so she couldn't let go. Both men looked at her sadly as she silently cried on Reeve. Reeve placed his hands on her shoulders gently pushing her back. "You have to be a big girl now Cremisi. You aren't a child anymore. We may see each other again. Vincent will take good care of you alright?" She looked away sadly but didn't fight Vincent this time. Vincent wrapped an arm around her upper body as he walked her away.

Cremisi sat on a table staring sadly at the floor as thoughts of Reeve filled her mind. "Hey Vince. Is she alright?" Vincent looked at Cremisi with a look of sympathy. "She'll be alright. Just leave her alone. She just needs some time to herself." Yuffie hesitantly nodded and turned to look at Shalua who was in a tank. "She was a fool." Yuffie turned angrily to Shelke who had walked in the room. Yuffie stormed over and slapped her. Cremisi found her feet as the most interesting thing trying to clear her mind. "Cremisi!" She only slightly glanced up at Yuffie. "You're just gonna sit by and listen to this?!" Vincent grabbed Yuffie's arm pulling her back a bit. "Give her some space Yuffie." Yuffie began fuming. "Listen! I care about Reeve as much as the next, but you need to get over it! You're going to loose more and more people through your life!" Cremisi's eyes widened as her head snapped towards Yuffie. Vincent narrowed his eyes at Yuffie stepping in her line of vision of Cremisi. "That's enough. Leave her alone Yuffie." Yuffie stomped her foot throwing her fists down like a child. "No! She needs to learn to grow up! She's probably older than me, therefor she should act like it!" Cremisi jumped off the table and ran out of the room and Vincent glared down at Yuffie before taking off after Cremisi. He was stopped in the door way by Reeve who had walked in with Cremisi at his side. Her arms tightly around him. "Vincent. You were right. Now isn't the time to give up. What happened to Cremisi?" Vincent sighed holding his hand out to her but her grip tightened on Reeve. Reeve huffed out of breath and pat her back. "Careful there Cremisi." She loosened her grip on him and looked at the floor sadly. Vincent dropped his hand seeing that she wouldn't be letting Reeve go anytime soon. Vincent walked over to a table and picked up the two files sitting on it. "Here. Cremisi wanted for you to have these." Reeve looked at them before looking at Cremisi. "Thank you. Have you read them yet Vincent?" Vincent looked down at the girl. "Only one file." Reeve nodded and tried to pry Cremisi off himself. "Cremisi, will you let me go so I can read these?" She pouted but stepped back hesitantly. Vincent grabbed her arm and she flinched. He loosened his grip and gently pulled her next to him to give Reeve room. She didn't fight Vincent and watched Reeve read. His eyes widened reading all of the papers in both files and he nearly dropped them. "Cremisi you." She looked at the floor sadly. Vincent looked at Reeve confused. "What is it Reeve?" Reeve handed Vincent the files and let him read what he hadn't already read. "Cremisi. How are we ever going to help you get your voice back?" She shook her head. Vincent frowned reading the second file and put them down. "Without experimentation we'll never get her voice back, but I don't think she'll want that." Reeve nodded at Vincent. "I don't think it would be right to after everything she's been through already anyway." Vincent nodded. "Right, Cremisi. Would you mind if we put you in one of the tanks?" She shook her head and let them lead her to a tank. The door closed as soon as she was in and Reeve pushed a few buttons next to it. Cremisi closed her eyes tightly as she clenched her fists. She was glad that the water rose fasts. As soon as she opened her eyes she began to panic a little. Vincent placed his hand on the tank trying to comfort her. "It's alright Cremisi." She sighed placing her hand on Vincent's on the other side of the tank. "I know." Reeve was amazed by what he was hearing. "So it's true." Cremisi nodded. "Cremisi. Would you know of anyway for us to help you get your voice back? Without using this?" Cremisi dropped her hand looking down. "Unfortunately not. I'm no scientist. I only know what Hojo told me when he would come in to do experiments. He said that it was unfortunate that I could no longer use my voice, but he was happy as well." Reeve sighed and looked at Vincent. "We've got to do something. Maybe there was something we missed in the files?" "No. I gave you what there was. I answered your questions as best I could. All the information you need is in your hands. My voice is gone. I'm sorry." Vincent frowned looking at the floor before looking at her. "I have an idea, but you aren't going to like it." She frowned but nodded. "Reeve. Please don't make me leave you again. You're like the father I never had." He looked at her sadly. "Cremisi. You're much older now. You need to learn to move on. I'll always be there but I can't always be by your side." She frowned nodding. "I understand." "Vincent! Get your but out here!" Yuffie's voice rang over the intercom. The men drained the tank and took Cremisi out before taking her with them outside. Once outside Cremisi stood in awe at the giant aircraft that flew over them landing in the front of the base. Cremisi grabbed Reeve's hand pulling him along as she followed Vincent onto the ship. She didn't know where they were going, but she was just happy to be with the two men she cared about in her life.