Flowing Of Life

Vincent crashed into the ground in front of everyone just before an explosion of green and black flew through the air. He laid on the ground staring at the sky watching it fade to black in pain. He sat up and looked around. Yuffie ran to him helping him up. "What happened Vince?! Where's Cremisi?!" He frowned looking up at the dark sky. Reeve walked over and placed his hand on Vincent's shoulder. Vincent transformed back into himself looking at Reeve. "I'm sorry Reeve. I failed." Reeve shook his head sadly. "Don't apologize Vincent. It's my fault. I couldn't stop her." Vincent looked away choosing not to fight with Reeve. He got up and looked around at the destruction Omega had caused. "Hey! I think I found her!" The two men's head's snapped over to Tifa's voice and instantly ran in her direction with the rest of the group. None of them liked the sight before them as they were met with a singed woman in Tifa's arms. "We need to get her medical help quickly." Vincent took his cloak off throwing it to Tifa to cover Cremisi as her clothes had been burnt off. Luckily though Tifa had been covering the woman with her own body holding Cremisi against her. Tifa used Vincent's cloak as he wanted and wrapped Cremisi in in following Reeve and the others back to head quarters.

Vincent stood before the tank that Cremisi had been put in with a frown. "You shouldn't blame yourself." He looked at Shelke as she walked into the room behind him. "She risked her life to protect everyone including you. Shouldn't you be happy?" Vincent looked back at Cremisi and sighed. "No. You don't be happy for loosing someone precious. Where's Tifa?" He turned to her again seriously. "She's in the other room talking to Cloud." Vincent nodded leaving to where Tifa was. The room went silent as Vincent entered and everyone looked at him. "Tifa. I want you to get Cremisi dressed." She scowled at him. "What is this all of a sudden? Why? Are you expecting someone to come see her or something?" He sighed. "No, I'm leaving." She crossed her arms over her chest. "So you're taking her with you?" His silence was her answer and she didn't like it. "No Vincent. She isn't ready to leave! She's still recovering!" He turned and left the room with a fuming Tifa still in the room. Reeve was concerned for both Cremisi and Vincent but didn't do anything about it. Cloud was only trying to calm down Tifa knowing it was no use trying to stop Vincent.

Vincent looked at Shelke who was looking at Cremisi. "I'll get her some clothes. Do you mind if I ask where you are taking her?" Vincent looked at Cremisi with a blank expression but there was a bit of sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you." She nodded and turned to leave the room. As soon as she was gone Vincent walked up to the tank and pressed the necessary buttons to get her out. He stood back and watched the water drain but quickly threw the door open to catch her as she fell. She was limp in his hold, but he just moved her up further onto his shoulder to carry her. He took her to the bench in the room and gently laid her down. He took his cloak off and laid it over her like a blanket so that she was covered until Shelke came back. "Has Reeve told you why she won't wake up?" Vincent looked up at Shelke as she walked over to him and handed him the clothes. "No, I thought it was just from the fall." Shelke looked down at Cremisi. "No, that only did part of it. Evidently her body went into overdrive when the beast inside did more than just take control. Shes torn her vocals beyond repair, and the power she used on Omega wouldn't have done too much damage except for the fact that Omega was in an inner battle with her as well." Vincent looked at Cremisi with concern. "That's right. Hojo said that he wanted to use her to harness Omega's power. She was too unstable and unprepared to do so." Shelke nodded. "Then that's why. Omega's power was almost too overwhelming for her and it almost killed her during her attack. Had it been just her. She would have died." Vincent looked at Shelke as he placed his hand on Cremisi's stomach. "Thank you Shelke. Hopefully she'll be waking soon. Is there anyway to repair her vocals before we leave?" Shelke shook her head. "No, not here. You'll need to find where she came from and look through the files. I'm sure Hojo had a way to get them back." He frowned looking down at Cremisi. "The Shinra mansion was burnt down not too long after I left with her. I'm sure all the files are gone." Shelke closed her eyes in sympathy. "I'm sorry Vincent. I hope everything goes smoothly from here." She left the room and he clenched his fist on her stomach. He sighed calming himself and looked at her. "We need to get out of here." He gently pulled his cloak off her and his face blushed lightly as he realized he would have to dress her. He did so as fast as he could. He picked her up into his arms making a quick exit.