Until All Else Falls

Vincent carried Cremisi into the bar irritated. She looked at everyone happily though it was clear as day that Vincent was irritated. Tifa looked at them and felt a little sympathy for Vincent. "What's wrong Vincent? What happened?" Cloud looked at the two and sighed seeing Cremisi's wrapped ankle. Marlene ran into the room and gasped running over to the two. "Cremisi what happened?!" She waved them off. "It was just an accident." Vincent glared down at her. "Accident my ass." He set her down on a bar stool and left the room. Tifa looked at Cremisi curiously. "So what happened to your ankle Cremisi?" Cremisi looked down at her foot. "Oh, well. I was just kinda jumping around in a tree trying to get an apple that was on a branch I couldn't reach and I wouldn't let Vincent get it for me." Cloud sighed. "Let me guess. You fell out of the tree?" She laughed nervously rubbing the back of her neck. "How did you guess?" He shook his head getting up and leaving after Vincent. "You and Vincent don't seem to be getting along too well lately. Are you guys doing alright?" Cremisi frowned at the floor. "I don't know. I would seem to think so. Though, sometimes I think the only reason we got along before was because I couldn't speak. So he didn't have to listen to me rant at him or nag at him or anything like that. I don't know Tifa, do you think I'm annoying?" She looked at Tifa sadly. Tifa frowned at her. "No of course not, and Vincent would be a fool to think otherwise." Cremisi nodded sadly looking back at the floor. "I'm gonna go out for a walk Tif." Tifa held her hand out towards Cremisi as she jumped up onto her feet ignoring her pain. "Cremisi wait! It isn't good to be walking on your sore ankle!" Cremisi ignored her and left the bar. Cremisi walked out into the chilled fall air. She knew it was coming close to winter and that it would snow soon, but she didn't care. She sighed walking around limping. She walked a bit of a distance before she tripped and fell. She rolled onto her back looking up at the darkening cloudy sky that was somewhat covered by trees. She sighed taking in the sight of her breath in the cold. She closed her eyes. "Maybe a nice nap will feel nice." "You'll catch hypothermia out in this weather." Her eyes snapped open looking up at Vincent. "Why are you here?" He leaned down scooping her up into his arms. "Tifa told me what's been going on with you. I'm sorry for how I've been making you feel." She looked away pouting. "I am annoying though aren't I? There's a but in that sentence." He looked down at her. "No. You can just get on my nerves sometimes. Like yesterday." She scowled at him. "Hey! I like to do things on my own ya know!" He closed his eyes shaking his head. "And you always end up hurt doing it." She pouted crossing her arms under her chest looking away. He chuckled leaning down and kissing the top of her head. "You could never annoy me Cremisi." She looked up at him in shock. "You mean it?" He nodded looking down at her. She frowned looking away. "Then why have you been avoiding me? You've never avoided me before. When I used to not speak you always kept me as close as you could. Now you keep me at a distance. Should I cut out my vocals for you or something?" He glared at her. "No. Don't do that. I'm sorry I've made you feel this way. I've kept you so close before because of the fact you couldn't even make a sound. I didn't know if you were in danger or not. Now that you can speak you can call for me when you need me." Cremisi nodded. "I guess I see what you're saying. I'm sorry Vincent." He leaned down gently pressing his lips against hers. She returned his soft kiss placing her hand on the back of his head. He looked up breaking the kiss and gave a small smile. "It's snowing." She giggled softly. "So it is." He began walking back to the bar with her still in his arms refusing to put her down.

Vincent carried her to a room laying her down as she was asleep before they even reached the bar. He went down stairs and was met by Tifa. "So, how did it go?" He walked past her ignoring her and she pouted clenching her fists. "You can tell me you know?" Cloud walked up to Tifa looking at Vincent. "What's going on?" Tifa scowled at Cloud. "Vincent won't tell me what happened between him and Cremisi out there!" Cloud shook his head at Tifa walking away from her. She fumed at him shaking her fist at him. "Hey Cloud! Get back here and back me up!" She huffed and stormed up stairs to Cremisi's room. She gently knocked on the door but received no answer. She opened the door concerned but calmed when she found Cremisi sleeping. "I would advise you left her alone and let her sleep." Tifa jumped letting out a small screech jumping to the side. Vincent looked down at Tifa as she glared at him. "Don't do that!" He gave her a blank glance. "Let her sleep. She's had a rough day." He walked into the room closing the door behind him and locked it so that no one would disturb Cremisi. He walked over to the bed taking his cloak off and laid it over the end of the bed. He climbed into the bed laying next to her. She instantly rolled over curling up against him letting him lay an arm over her to pull her closer. He closed his eyes to rest with her.