Preliminary rounds and...hanging with my buddies

******** Hehe hai guys, its preliminary rounds. Mayuri will be there cheering for Sasuke and will meet up Gaara who may want some support from her too. Read on..

MAYURI POV-

We made it kakashi where he told team 7 what was yet to come on the exams.

“So I am glad you all did well on the written test but it would be nice if we got the same results in todays preliminary rounds..” our sensei said eyeing Naru-kun.

“hah! Don’t worry guys! I got this! I know will win believe it! ;)” I giggled at his enthusiasm while everyone else groaned.

“I know you will Naruto-kun!” I smiled at him and he hugged me. Sasuke kind of flinched at that, we carried on with our discussion.

“Anyways look at the board to see who your opponent is if you already don’t know, I wish you three the best and; Mayuri, why don’t you give them a few words.”

“Preliminary rounds not all that bad. Think of it like just sparring with me or something.  Do whatever it takes to win. Only then you can get into the final round.” Kakashi nodded and team 7 took in all the advice to get it drilled in their heads.

“Very good, now let’s have it as a wrap. Have fun do your best.” Kakashi concluded and left with his jounin group. Naruto sprinted off to the arena and Sakura went after him. Me and sasuke walked slowly with each other, I was happy he was walking with me. It made me feel special, even though no words were said.

Sadly we got there sooner than I thought we would. And I wasn’t allowed to go any further because that area was only for participants.

“Well I guess I stop here, good luck.” I gave him a thumbs up and a light smile. Unexpectedly I was pulled in on a tight hug. I felt so safe and comfy I never wanted to leave. I felt a soft and warm pair of lips on my forehead as he pulled away. He gave his cute smile like how when he was a kid and then walked off further to the arena. I sighed and turned around about to make my way to the audience section. But I bumped into someone on the way.

“Oh I’m so sorry, are you ok?” I muttered looking up to meet sea foam eyes. Hmm who could that be? Gaara stared at me blinking with a blank expression. His brother and sister smirked and said “Well we should get going, bye Gaara, see you Mayuri-san.” I smiled and waved to them turning back at Gaara who grew a smirk on his face.

“Come to wish me good luck?” Gaara-kun said eying me carefully with a smirk still there.

“u-uhhh actually I came to drop Sasuke off…” as soon as I said that his smirk disappeared and he frowned a bit.

“Uchiha Sasuke huh? He seems quite…different.”

“So are you” those words just spilled out. “but in a good way” I added with a smirk of satisfaction. I heard a muffled up announcers voice through the huge speakers.

“Looks like I gotta run, good luck Gaara-kun” I muttered awfully fast and ran to my seat.  When I sat down I noticed right next to me was Jiraya writing something down in a blank book, probably for his pervy books he writes. My smile grew wide and I pounced on him for a huge hug.

“JIRAYA-SENSEI!!!!” I yelled ignoring the weird stares I was getting.

“Woah there kiddo.” He chuckled pulling me off of him.

“Well If it isn’t one of my favorite girls, Kurochi Mayuri. How do you do coal eyes?” That’s me! :D I have coal eyes.

“hehe nothing really just here to cheer on some dear friends, long time huh?”