Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Christmas Festival

The Christmas Festival

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            “Wearing your scarf already, huh?” I teased as Nanase and I were about to go downtown for the Christmas Festival and meet up with his high school friends.

            He gave me his ‘really?’ look before we exited his apartment.

            Our arms were entwined as we walked down the streets of Tokyo.

            “Neh, where did you plan to meet with Rin and the others?” I asked.

            “The sushi shop down in Okinawa Street,” Nanase replied simply. “We’re going to eat there with them.”

            “Oh, okay,” I responded just as my stomach growled.

            “Hn,” he gave the slightest of smiles as we approached the restaurant.

            A light-brown headed man waved his arms at us once we entered the building, “Oi! Nanase! Kasumi! Here!”

            Nanase and I headed over to the table where Makoto, Nagisa, and Rei were seated.

            “Where’s Rin?” I asked as I tilted my head towards the side.

            “He’s coming,” Makoto flashed me his classic grin of his as Nanase and I settled into our seats.

            Nagisa wailed drastically beside me as he continued bickering with Rei, “Nooo! Rei can’t have a girlfriend! I thought I was Rei’s girlfriend! Why?!”

            Rei sweat-dropped, “U-uh . . .”

            Nagisa instantaneously changed his attitude from detachably depressed to boisterously bubbly before he slapped Rei’s back and shouted, “Hahaha! I was joking! You’re such a baka! Baka-baka-baka!”

            Rei developed a twitch mark upon his forehead before shouting in return at his irritating friend, “Gr! You’re the idiot here!”

            Makoto chuckled at the situation before him as Rin conveniently walked in.

            “Rin!” Nagisa stopped punching Rei in his friendly manner of his before dropping poor Rei to the floor and greeting Rin with a hug.

            “O-Oi!” Rin stammered slightly at the sudden embrace of his friend.

            “You’re here!” Rei was kneeling on the floor, his hands intertwined as he thanked Rin endlessly as the poor guy just stood there confused.