Chapter Seventeen: Silver Gold

Chapter Seventeen

Silver Gold

Just a little announcement before we get onto the story, hahaha. I’ve always wanted to win some kind of Anime Watty Award . . . and this is the story I really want to win first with . . . >.< So if you wouldn’t mind, please vote for me? After every five votes for this story in the AnimeWattyAwards, I will update a new chapter, how’s that, hahaha ;)

Now onto the story . . .

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            It wasn’t long before I was in my swim uniform. And, no, not the actual swim uniform, just the uniform stating I was representing Japan as its swim team member.

            A knock on my door sounded. Looking into the peephole to see who it was, I recognized Haruka standing calmly at the door.

            “Hey, lazy butt,” I joked, after I had exited my place and was walking to the awards ceremony for that day’s events.

            “I’m not lazy,” he replied, still monotone as ever. “I had the nerve to come here and get you with me before actually going to the ceremony, Kasumi.”

            “Aw, isn’t that so sweet of you,” I smiled, faking tears in my eyes.

            “Kasumi,” he rolled his eyes, hands in his pockets, as we walked side by side into the VIP section to get onto stage.

            “Hey,” I put my hands up in my defense. “That’s me for ya.”

            “Pft,” he sighed, looking the other way, but I could still see the corners of his mouth turn up into a small smile.

            “Ma’am,” the guard standing by the door called. “Only the three winners of the women’s 500 meters can enter onstage right now. I need your verification.”

            “Um, yes, sir,” I showed him the card attached around my neck.

            He nodded, allowing me to pass, but it took me a few minutes since I had to say farewell to Nanase.

            “I’ll see you later, I suppose,” I laughed shyly, scratching the back of my head.

            “Not that long,” he whispered in my ear provocatively, before kissing me on cheek.

            And here I had hoped for one on the lips . . .

            He saw my downcast face and smirked, before leaving me to my thoughts, standing there idiotically.