Chapter Eleven: Bring It On

Chapter Eleven

Bring It On

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            “Oh, Kami,” I exhaled loudly. “I’m stuffed. I’ve never eaten so much before.”

            “Same,” Nanase chuckled. “What would you expect when you eat casserole, Earl Grey tea, and chocolate dessert. This absolutely goes against our given regimen.”

            “Yikes,” I sighed yet again. “That’s true. Captain will totally kill me later . . . if she ever finds out that is.”

            “If,” Nanase emphasized. “In which she probably won’t.”

            “Kasumi!” I heard Akiyama-taichou call me from the dorm next door. “Did you freaking eat somewhere extravagant? Because if you did . . . you are ­so dead!”

            “Uh-oh,” I whispered to Nanase softly before yelling all out to reply to taichou. “Um . . . Maybe?!”

            “Kasumi!” Captain slowly iterated my name.

            “Gomenasai!” I apologized, though I didn’t really mean it.

            “Don’t do it again or else!” she yelled again before she was suddenly interrupted by our neighbor’s wishes for us to shut up.

            “Well then . . .” I stressed the words. “I wonder how she found out . . . Nanase?”

            “Okay,” he admitted. “I might have leaked out a little information . . . but still . . .”

            “Ugh, I hate you,” I smacked my forehead with my wrist.

            “Wait . . . you do?” Nanase faked to be frightened of the news.

            “Of course I do,” I replied with equal sarcasm.

            After a moment of silence and staring into each other’s eyes, we laughed. I threw a pillow at him in an amiable way before, in the end, we had a pillow fight, totally wrecking the neat and organized room in every possible way.

~*~*~*~

Nanase Haruka’s Point of View

            It was morning at this point in time. Sunlight was shining forth through the open windows radiantly. Beside me lay none other than Kasumi. Her sleeping form was gentle and smooth. She looked soft and lenient.