Chapter Twenty-Three: Big Screen

Big Screen

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            It was now a week or two before Christmas, and Nanase, ahem, Haruka, and I have kept in touch via e-mails, texts, and phone calls . . . Not your average relationship, I must admit . . . And I still had to get accustomed to calling him Haruka instead of Nanase . . .

            The Japanese Championships were on TV, and it was going to decide who would consequently become a permanent or alternative member of the Japanese Summer Olympic Team . . . Of course, being the type of girl I was, I was going to watch Haru swim on the television, though it would not be as exciting nor thrilling as it would be in person.

            Albeit, Nanase’s race wasn’t until three days from now, so I was stuck watching the gymnasts shine their acrobatic skills and athleticism in front of the panel of judges. You must admit, it was pretty nerve-wrecking even for the athlete and the viewer.

Message from Nanase:

Which event are you watching right now?

If you are watching one, I mean.

How was work today?

Sent at 6:27 P.M.

            I gave a light laugh at his “many” questions. Nanase never asked that many questions, but when he did, it was pretty amusing, in my opinion.

Message to: Nanase

I’m watching the Men’s Gymnastics: the Beam-thingy, the vault, etc.

I am watching it while I’m making dinner—mackerel . . . I hope you’re jealous :P

It’s technically not work, Nanase . . . xD it’s just lab experience.

And I still have, like . . . ten more years to go. -_-

Sent at 6:28 P.M.

            I put my phone down, as I went to get the rice granules out from the cupboard. Taking two cups into the bowl, I went to the sink and washed it. After doing so, I put the adequate amount of water needed to cook it before placing it into the rice cooker, then pressing the “cook” switch.

            I checked my phone again moments after I had washed my hands to see two new text messages sent by Nanase.

Message from Nanase:

I’m watching the women’s freestyle right now along with Rin.

Makoto is in the stands somewhere since he misses swimming alongside us . . . considering the fact that he got injured during a meet, bumping his head against the wall wasn’t the best idea . . .