Chapter 16: Chick Flicks, Reconciliations, and 21st Century Gentlemen

Hey BFX readers! You guys deserve this chapter. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 16: CHICK FLICKS, RECONCILIATIONS, AND 21ST CENTURY GENTLEMEN

I called Brenton and told him to meet me in the common room. When he arrived I was frantic, my words were incoherent, and my hands made weird gestures. He told me to relax but my body was full of adrenaline, full of energy I didn't possess a while ago. If he would concentrate, there's a big possibility that he could hear the beat of my heart. I was a big ball of crazy right now.

After repeating the whole story to him like three times, the words finally sank in. He cursed and I pinched his ears. I hated people who cursed freely. I was religious, okay.

"That's outrageous! Like a scene taken out from a Disney movie," he shouted in amazement. "The guy was in love with you!"

"We're not sure about that. There are plenty of other reasons why he kissed me," I said, pacing back and forth. Deep inside, I felt that it was true. That he reciprocated my feelings. But somehow I was scared that he didn't feel the same way and the disappointment would only lead me to the worst kind of pain.

"Are you kidding? The guy's pretty obvious. He wouldn't do that for no reason Sacred," he said.

"Since when are you on his side?" I asked, raising a brow. "You used to call him a player."

"I'm not on his side, okay? I'm just shocked about everything! I think I'm having a headache."

"I know the feeling," I said.

"What about Serene? If Chase really loves you, what happens to her?" he asked. "Don't get me wrong, I want her to be available but not like this."

"I'm panicking now, alright? You don't need to rub it in my face. I want her to be happy but... But..." I trailed off.

"But her source of happiness is your happiness too," he finished the sentence for me. He's so right, but somehow I didn't want to believe it. This situation was slowly turning into a chick flick. It's cheesy but what he said hit the nail on the head. He's suddenly like a character from a romantic movie. Wait a minute! I turned to him.

"Are you watching chick flicks when I'm not aware Brenton?" I accused him, narrowing my eyes. I hated girly girl stuff but chick flicks were the only exceptions.

"That was one time," he uttered. My brows rose, skeptical.

"Okay, two times," he revealed.

"I can't believe you right now," was all I managed to say.

"I know we agreed to watch those kind of movies together but you're busy that day."

"Traitor," I blurted out.

"Can we stick to the subject at hand?" he asked in attempt to change the topic.

"How can you sleep at night, knowing you betrayed your best friend?" I asked, still not over it.

"It's extracurricular activity period now so Chase might be in the council room as we speak. Go talk to him," he said, definitely changing the subject.

"This matter is not yet over," I told him, shaking my head.

"Just go, talk to him," he suggested. I was halfway across the hallway when I returned to where he stood.

"I can't." A huge frown spread out on my face. "I'm nervous and terrified. This is so embarrassing."

"Don't be a chicken. Just do it."