Chapter 15: Everything Is Not What It Seems

I have a new story! Can you please check it out? The title:

"Two Is Worse Than One"

Means a lot to me, loves!

**********

This Chapter is dedicated to @Kooliokatz for making a cute banner! --->

CHAPTER 15: EVERYTHING IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS 

Brenton and I arrived at Dawson High after the second period. We snuck at the back gate where the guards were completely under my charms. They let us in with no questions asked. I tugged him at the student council office. There’s no meeting scheduled at this hour so I was sure we’re not going to be interrupted until lunch. I told him my reasons and concerns on the way there.

“So what’s the plan?” he asked as he sat over the conference table, looking a little too excited about our little mission.

“Honestly, I had no idea. It seemed like there were only a few people who witnessed the said dare. And most of them allegedly left the room when the incident happened. Plus, I don’t remember who the players were.” I sighed. “Do you know the ones that were left?”

He shook his head. “Apparently, I drank too much I don’t even remember the girls I kissed that night.”

“Gross. Do you have any other ideas?”

“You’re the smart one, you tell me.”

“Come on, you’re not very helpful you know. With all the stress I have been experiencing, I don’t think I’m capable of clever ideas.”

“We should ask Rielle. She’s like a knowledge bank,” he suggested. “I have her number on speed dial. We should call her.”

I raised a curious brow. “You have her on speed dial?”

He blushed furiously.

“Oh my gos—”

“Hey! It’s not what you think okay! She’s my friend too. You’re also on my speed dial. And I’m in love with your sister remember?” he said defensively.

“I’m your best friend, I deserved to be there. Rielle is just a friend. Wait a minute, I haven’t said anything about her yet. Why are you so jumpy?” I asked in a mocking tone.

“I know what you’re about to say anyway. So I’m explaining in advance.” He sighed in annoyance. “I repeat, I’m in love with Serene.”

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that.”

“Can we drop this? Let’s focus on your problem,” he uttered. “How are we going to figure out what really happened that night? Are we calling her?”

“Let’s not bother Rielle. I don’t want her involved. She’s already going crazy about an essay due next week.” I said. “We can ask the cheerleaders one by one but I bet their brains only allow their memory to last for about a few hours. The game in question occurred like two to three days ago so asking them about it will be useless,” Brent chuckled.

“Stop saying mean things about them. They’re not so bad. You don’t know them.”

“And you do?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, I spent most of my days with them. And spent a night or two with most of them.”

“Again Brenton, that’s gross. Stop putting disgusting images in my mind,” I sat at the chair beside him.