Chapter 4: Back to Normal Life

Alice POV.

I woke up the next morning. Luna was nowhere in sight. I looked at the clock, five in the morning. I may as well go to school, but how can I tell people about the loss of my voice? Well that wouldn't be to hard, I mean I have no friends. The only one I would have to tell is my teacher.

I went to my bathroom and took a shower, then grabbed clean clothes from my closet. Still no sign of Luna. I'll look for her after school.

I walked into the kitchen and stood frozen in the doorway. My mother and father are home! They stared back at me, shocked.

"Alice, what are you doing here!?" my mother asked.

"It doesn't matter. She needs to go back to my brother's lab." my father said. I was shocked to hear him say that. I'm not going back to that place! I shook my head, but he had his phone in his hand.

He just sat there though? Why didn't he dial the number? I looked over at my mom and she too just sat there. What's going on?

"Well well, those two are terrible parents. Trying to get rid of you when you just got home." a voice said. I looked around the room, but saw no one. "If you want me to, I can erase their memories that they have of you so you won't have to go back."

A figure started to emerge from the wall. It was a girl with black hair. She wore a blood red and shadow black dress. Her eyes were odd, one was red, but the other was a yellow Roman numeral clock? I stared in fear. No human can do that. She must be a spirit.

"Would you like me to erase their memories?" she asked again. I looked at them then back to her. I nodded. She looked at me for a moment. "Alright, but now you need to find a place to live. Good luck, you're going to need it." she grinned then disappeared in the wall.

I looked over at my parents. Something seemed wrong. They weren't breathing. What did that spirit do? I walked over to them and tried to find their pulse. There was none. That spirit killed my parents! If I ever see her again, she will pay.

I called the police and told them that I found my parents dead when I woke up. They believed me and took them away. I began my walk to school, Raizen High. I didn't have to walk far, but it felt like eternity since my parents just died right in front of me. This didn't help my depression either.

I arrived and went straight to class 2-4. I got the teacher's attention and wrote down my vocal problem. She understood and I took my seat. There was about ten minutes until class began. I pulled out a book that I was reading.

"Shido! Come on, just try one! I made them this morning for you!" I looked at the door where Shido, a blue haired boy, and a girl with dark purple hair I don't know walked in. He looked my way and I quickly returned to my book, blushing slightly. Hopefully he didn't see me looking at him.

"Wait until later Tohka." Shido replied. I continued to read until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Shido.

"It's great to see you back Alice. If you want you can borrow my notes for the months you missed." he offered. I nodded and pulled out a piece of paper.

-I would like to borrow your notes. Thank you.- I wrote down and showed it to him. He tilted his head to the right.

"Alright...I'll find them and give them to you at lunch." he replied. I nodded and he sat in his seat. I continued to read. Some people know me, but I just never make friends.

Class started and things seemed normal again. Yet I couldn't focus. That spirit was still on my mind. I want to get back at her, but I probably couldn't beat her. She has powers that she has had more time to use. I don't even know what all I can do.