Chapter 9:Rescue

Maya POV.

All day I watched Alice. She was out with her friends for the first time in weeks. She seemed ok even though she had so many injections. I began to think that maybe the injections worked, but I noticed her eyes showed that she was still a spirit.

She got up from her seat. I followed on the rooftops. She stepped into an alley and minutes later a group of men passed by. I see now, she was still hiding from her uncle.

I was about to leave my spot when I heard Alice shouting at someone. I peeked back over the edge of the roof and saw a white haired girl pushing Alice down.

I looked back toward the group of men and they had turned around, heading for the alley. I wanted to yell at her, to warn her that they were coming back. But I couldn't, I was to afraid that thy would take me too. So I just watched the whole scene unfold before me.

Alice was taken. I followed the car at a safe distance, knowing where they were headed. I was afraid. But for some reason, I wanted to help her. I saw Ricki walk out of the lab, but when I was about to confront her, she vanished. It seems I'm going in alone.

I make sure my angel, Mizu ken, was in my grasp. I pulled my scarf up over my nose. A glowing blue light illuminated parts on my outfit and my katana's blade. I was ready to charge in, but I hesitated.

I saw Ricki walking to the entrance with the two I saw Alice with earlier. I quickly made my way to them before they entered.

Ricki POV.

"So the plan is to have Shido and Tohka to go in as new assistants in the lab. Ricki you help them find Alice and then get her out of there." Kotori told us.

"And what about me and Yoshinon?" Yoshino asked.

"Right, you two will be outside backup. If something starts to stir outside, just freeze the problem." Kotori replied. Yoshino and Yoshinon nodded. Our plan isn't foolproof but it must work. Tohka is inside support basically. With her sword skills, I think we can do this.

We were teleported back to the ground. As we were about to enter, someone called my name.

"Ricki!" a familiar voice said. I turned and saw...Maya?! What is she doing here?!

"Maya?! Why are you here?" I asked her. She looked toward the ground.

"It's all my fault. I am the reason Alice became a spirit and I feel horrible." She told me. I stared at her, mixed feelings running through my head. Feelings of sorrow and rage. I was upset with her, but also I feel sorry for her.

"So what were you going to do? Run in there and slaughter anyone that gets in your way?" I asked her. She nodded.

"What else could I do." she sighed.

"Just come with us. You can help us rescue her." Shido said. She looked at him then at me. Tohka and I both nodded in agreement.

"And if we do fight, don't kill anyone." I added in. She nodded and hugged me. We then entered the lab and made our way downstairs. None of the guards questioned Shido, Tohka or Maya. Thank goodness no one recognized Maya.

As we walked through the halls, we saw many men carrying bundles of forty empty needles and some hade full needles going our way. How many more injections could daddy have given her in four hours? With how many men we have seen, I fear that she could have had about twenty thousand or more shots.

"Ok stay here. I'll go in alone to see what we are dealing with." I whisper to them as we find ourselves outside Alice's door. They nodded and I opened the door slowly.