Chapter 6:Concerns

I sat down beside Luna while we took a break. I heard the door creak open. I stared in shock at who walked in.

"Ricki!" I said as I quickly stood. She ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"Alice! I'm glad to see you're still safe." she said.

"Well of course I am thanks to you." I replied. She shook her head.

"No, daddy sent search teams here to look for you. He has gone crazy since you left." She said.

"Why has he gone crazy?" I asked.

"He needs you for his research. That's why." she replied.

"I am not going back. He scarred me for life, literally!" I said rubbing my arms.

"Do you know what his research is?" Shido asked walking up to us.

"He said to turn me back into a human when he had me restrained." I said.

"Who funds his research?" he asked.

"DEM industries." Ricki said.

"That's odd. They only make things to kill spirits. Maybe the research is for something else entirely." Shido said after a minute of silence.

"Anyway, beware when you are outside." Ricki told me. I looked over at Luna. "I can't stay. Mommy is waiting for me. I wish I could stay."

"Ok...thanks for the warning." I said as I hugged her again. "Make sure you come for a visit every now and then."

"Ok!" She smiled. She pulled out her cell phone. "I should get going."

"Allow me to walk you back." Shido said. They left and Luna and I were alone again.

Yet I felt another presence thats very faint.

"Alice..." Luna said.

"What?" I asked.

"If we must be careful, I won't leave your side when we're out." She said. I nodded. Its going to be hard to avoid the search teams, but I must. I'm never going back to that awful place.

"Well we have trained enough today, lets go home and rest." I suggested. Luna jumped up onto my shoulder.

Kotori met me outside the door and led us to a teleport pad. We were teleported to my room in the mansion. I lay down and Luna curled up against my chest. We began to drift off into a light sleep.

Mystery POV.

I studied my surroundings from the top of a building. Being in a big city was new for me. I always stayed near lakes and rivers while avoiding people. Yet on that fateful day months ago, I was found by Professor William.

I was sitting on the bank of a small lake outside Tenguu City. I was practicing my ability to control the water. For as long as I can remember, I was able to manipulate water. At times when I get scared, the water would form into a black and blue katana. I felt safe when the katana was out.

Now back to that day. I wasn't paying much attention to my surrounds that day. Professor William had came up behind me. He saw me using my ability. He had told me that I was a spirit and that he could help me. He then took me to his lab. he said that he could make me human again. I gladly followed him.

I never knew what he was going to do to me. After a week of injections, I had enough. I found a emerald colored stone in my pocket. A voice told me to give it to someone.

I tried for another week to give that stone to someone, but no one took it. The next day, a relative of Professor Williams came. That was my chance. When we were alone, I gave her the stone. She took my spot as their test subject.

I made my escape, which was surprisingly easy. I fled into the forest and made my way to Tenguu City. I felt a slight sensation that made me go to this city. The one I stand in now.

Ever since my escape, I have learned much about humans and their behaviors. I have also learned much more that I have used to my advantage in getting food.

I noticed Alice was back in Tenguu too. That uncle of hers may send search teams. Tine to stay in the shadows.

I left my spot on the roof and went back to my current home.

Alice POV.

"H-Hey Alice...w-wake u-up." Yoshino said as she shook me.

"Come on, wake up already! Breakfast is ready!" Yoshinon said.

"Alright I'm up." I yawned as I sat up. "Thanks for waking me up Yoshino."

"N-no p-problem Alice." she said shyly.

"What, no thanks for me?" Yoshinon said.

"Ok, thank you too Yoshinon." I thanked the puppet and patted his head.

They left the room, leaving me alone with Luna. She was still asleep on my pillow. I left her there and changed out of my night clothes. I put on fresh pants, a fresh black tank top and my green jacket. I looked back over at Luna. She was sitting elegantly on my pillow, watching me.

"Come on, its time to eat." I told her as she jumped into my shoulder. We left my room and met everyone in the dinning room.

"Good morning Alice!" Tohka said as I walked in.

"Good morning everyone." I replied.

"Morning Alice. Are you hungry?" Shido asked. I nodded. We all ate together, like a family. Something I will never have again...

"Hey...Alice?" Shido said. I looked over at him. "Is something wrong?"

"No...its nothing." I sighed. "Just thinking."

We continues breakfast. Lots of random conversations started and I just listened.

After breakfast, Kotori met me in the living room.

"Do you want to train today too?" she asked. Shido came over to us.

"Yea, I want to practice what I learned yesterday." I replied.

"Alright, if you're training, I'll bring some help later." Shido said. I stared at him, confusion rising within me.

"Ok...see you later." I said. Kotori led me outside and we were teleported to the Fraxinus.

My training begins with a new twist.