Chapter 27

• Dedicated to all the Fall Out Boy fans! :)

Pete got back after about an hour of me just sitting on the sofa, watching pointless shit on TV. "What are you doing?" I asked when he reached for the phone and sat down next to me, just to start some small talk. "I've been thinking about a lot lately and I realised that I've changed. I changed and it's also because of you. Not in a bad way but in a good way." That didn't really answer my question but it didn't matter. "The only chance I noticed is that you have finally started calling me by my first name" I joked. "And that will stop right this second, Miller" he laughed and held the phone up to his ear. "Who are you calling?" I asked, feeling all nosey. I was curious though, he seemed like he was planning something big, something important, especially now that he had said all that stuff about changes, he didn't usually start talking about deep shit out of the blue.

"I'm calling Patrick. I wrote a song ... you told me I could write so well so ... I started again." "And why are you telling Patrick?" He sighed, then smiled, unable to hide how happy he was when he said it out loud. "It sounds like Fall Out Boy." My heart skipped a beat and I was shocked but also so incredibly happy. I jumped and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Wow" he laughed. I pulled back and smiled at him. He smiled back. Then, I heard someone answer the phone on the other end. "Hey, man. Um ... yeah, it's me. Can we talk? It's kind of ... really important. Yeah, it does. Would you ... call Joe?" There was silence on the other end for a few seconds, then I heard Patrick agreeing and they set a date, Pete hung up. "You're doing the right thing, fans will love it, I love it, oh my god, this is so exciting! Let me be there when you talk to them, please? Oh, please, Pete!" He laughed. "You don't have to though, I mean, it'd be weird, nevermind, I'm not part of the band." He smirked and put his arm around me again. "Oh, Miller, of course you'll be there, it was your idea and you made me think." "Please, fans tweet you about it all the time." "But I don't know those fans as well as I know you and I care about your opinion the most, sweetheart." My heart warmed up. "I can't believe this, I'm just speechless right now."

And then, after just a few hours, I saw it all happen. I saw Fall Out Boy, all together in Pete's living room. Patrick stood by the door to the backyard, Andy was chilling on the couch and Joe sat on a chair at the table, Pete was sort of in the middle. I felt so honored to see that moment happen, I never would've dreamt about any of this. "I know this is very out of the blue but it's the awkward thing between us ... it needs to go. The fans would love it if we got back together and neither of us can deny that we had such great fucking times. We're on 'hiatus' which means it's just a break. So, we could just get back together, that sounds crazy, I know but I wrote a song and I want to play again, with you guys. The song - it sounds like Fall Out Boy! I don't a whole new band, I want to play with you again. Please, isn't that what we all want?"

The more he spoke, the more excited he was getting. They all stared at Pete when he had finished speaking. But I knew they were stoked hearing it, they all wanted it too and I could tell. "I'm in" Andy said quickly and stood up. Joe started nodding slowly and smiled. "Same." They all looked at Patrick and it was obviously his choice now, no matter what the others said. After all, he was the singer and it was his angel voice that we all loved. He smiled his cute smile and all the tension was gone. "I missed it a lot too so ... I'm in too" he said and I almost cried, this moment ... it was just perfect. And I was so happy to have seen it. "Show us the song" Joe said. "Alright!" Pete got his guitar from the corner and sat down. "Miller?" he said and looked at me. I smiled at him and he locked my eyes. "I just want to tell you before ... this song is about you." My heartbeat went even faster. He was kidding, right? He had to be kidding.

He started playing and it started to feel like he was serious, he looked serious and the song actually sounded like he was talking about me. It was just so unreal. He only sang quietly because obviously, it would sound better with Patrick's voice but it made no difference to me, I was starstruck. A Fall Out Boy song about me? This was just too much for me, it was just unreal. I had already forgotten about him talking to Michael about me there and then, it didn't matter. All that mattered right now was that this song made tears come into my eyes.