Chapter 10

“You liked dinner? I can cook, right?” Pete asked and offered Bronx some more from his own plate. Bronx laughed. “Charlie cooked that, dad! I saw it.” Pete laughed too. I grinned and messed up Bronx’ hair. “Good boy” I said. Bronx looked up and smiled at me. I had cooked indeed and apparently, it was good. “Well, time for you to to bed, man” Pete said and picked Bronx up. “But I’m not tired” he yawned. Pete laughed. “Yes, you are. I’ll get him to bed and I’ll be right back. Say goodnight to Charlie.” Bronx held his arms out into my direction and when I was just about to hug him, he held onto me so Pete let go and I had Bronx in my arms. He was just too cute, I wanted to squeak again. “Will you be here tmorrow?” Bronx asked me, his chin resting on my shoulder. I looked at Pete, raising my eyebrows in question. “You can sleep over” he formed with his lips. “Yes, honey, I actually will be, just for you” I said to Bronx and held him over to Pete again. Bronx smiled happily, it was so fucking cute. “Goodnight, sweetie” I said. “Goodnight” he yawned and Pete carried him upstairs.

Because I had cooked, I also felt like I had to clean up so I did the dishes and wiped over the table and the counter with a wet tissue. Then I got my phone out and sat on the couch in the living room. I called Callie and told her about what had happened here and how happy I was that Pete had let me meet Bronx. I tried to be quiet though, I didn’t want him to hear me. After hanging up on Callie, I texted Mandy and Sofia, telling both of them how the situation was.

I heard Pete coming back downstairs a few seconds after. “Is he asleep?” I asked. “Yeah, the day was exhausting for him. It’s crazy how much he likes you. He doesn’t normally get attached to people that easily.” I felt amazing when he told me that. “He’s great.” “I know, it’s just … crazy being a parent.” “You’re handling it very well, I must say.” “Well, you’re good with kids too, obviously.” “Always took care of my little cousins when we visited them.” “Awesome, I hoped you’d like kids.” “Because of Bronx?” “Yeah. So do you really wanna stay over?” “I promised Bronx” I grinned. “Yeah, you take the bed then, you want new sheets?” I shook my head quickly. “Oh, Pete, please. The couch is fine.” “No, you were so much help keeping Bronx entertained today, you’ll sleep in my bed.” “Let’s at least sleep there together, not hitting on you again, dude! It’s just … I don’t want to keep you from sleeping in your own bed.” “You’d be fine with that?” “Of course, we’re friends” I said with a shrug. “I thought you would’ve thought I was weird if I had gotten to my place after the bar and then slept next to you.” I laughed. “It’s alright, seriously.” “Okay, you wanna watch some TV?” he asked and turned on the big TV in front of the couch.

After a few hours, we sank down intwo the couch and he was on his back while I rested my head on his chest, lying on my side. He absently started playing with my hair and I dozed off a few times. When the TV went “This following programme is not appropriate for people under 18” in that deep creepy voice, we both woke up from our light sleep. We looked at eachother and grinned. “Wanna go to bed?” he asked and turned off the TV. I yawned and nodded, following him upstairs. “Want a shirt and some boxers from me to sleep in?” he offered and pulled some clothes out of the closet. “Yeah, thanks, that’d be great.” He took boxers himself and walked out of the bedroom. “I’ll change in the bathroom but hurry up, please, I’m tired” he said with a smile and yawned before shutting the door. I quickly took off my jeans and my top and changed. Pete walked back in with only boxers on. How was he so attractive, seriously? We both lied down in bed, close to eachother but back to back.

After a while of not being able to sleep, I turned around to lie on my back and a few seconds later, Pete did the same. He took my hand and entangled his fingers with mine between our bodies as we both just lied next to eachother. “Goodnight, Miller” he whispered.