Chapter 24

We walked into the club and I already felt sick. Why had I agreed to this again? I wasn't even confident enough to dance and I really wasn't feeling well. I was bored and annoyed and in desperate need for a drink which made me let go of Pete's hand and hit the bar. "Get me a beer too, will you?" he asked. I nodded and went to order a cocktail and a beer. When I turned around to bring Pete his drink, he was talking to someone. I approached them. "Hey, Charlie" Gabe said. "No drink for me?" he complained. "Oh, shut up" I laughed and handed Pete the bottle. Okay, maybe this night was going to be fun. With Pete and Gabe there, there was no way around it. Pete was quite the entertainer on his own but when those best friends were together, it could only end up fun.

I danced with Gabe for a while but mostly laughed at his jokes the whole time. He kept making all these immature comments and jokes about the people around us and when someone heard him talk he just pretended to not have said anything, laughed and started to sing "You're Not In On The Joke". He was simply hilarious. Later, Pete got him over to a table because he had met some of their friends. I walked over to the bar and sat down there, not really interested in dancing by myself. I would've needed anohter drink for that, or five. I ordered two shots and finished them within a few seconds. Suddenly, I felt a hand run up my thigh. I pushed it away instantly and looked up to see who the douchebag was. 

A guy that was a little taller than me, with big brown eyes and heavily tattooed arms was looking at me and it scared me straight away. "Can I buy you a drink?" he asked. I shook my head, looking around if I was alone with this situation. Fuck. "Why not?" "I'm too drunk already" I lied and tried to sound like I was babbling. "Oh, come on." "No, thanks" I said and tried to remain polite so I wouldn't upset him. He reached out for my hand and took hold of my wrist. I tried to shake his hand away but it didn't work and his grip was too firm. "You think you're better than me?" "Let go!" I shouted but the music was way too loud as I was struggling to get away from him. "You're that girl from the sex tape with Benji Madden, right?" he asked and ignored that I was desperately trying to losen his grip around my arm. I looked down but didn't reply. "You are, any chance of repeating that with me?" I stared up, angry this time. I wished I was stronger so I could've done something to get him off me. I looked around, maybe I'd spot Pete. "Let go!" I screamed, louder this time but the music still swallowed my voice. He just smiled and it was an evil smile. My heart started beating faster, I was so scared. I tried to pull up my knee into his crotch but only hit his thigh. Fuck, now I was really in trouble. He looked down at me, now he was really mad. We were at the side of the bar and nobody noticed this. He pulled me up from the stool, holding both of my wrists now. I was still fighting against him, without any success of course though. I closed my eyes, desperate because I didn't know what to do. This was it.

Suddenly, I felt that he was ripped off me. I massaged my wrists because his hands had left imprints on them. Then I looked up, Pete was standing in front of the guy. "You leave her the fuck alone" he said and his voice sounded slightly dangerous. "Oh, you little fucker wanna stop me?" the guy asked but he was barely taller than Pete. Gabe appeared next to Pete and pushed the guy away. "Fuck off" he said, being the tall guy that he is and looked down at the guy. He moved his fist up and punched Gabe right in the face. He stumbled backwards but then Pete started to fight the guy, a few seconds later, Gabe tried to help him and now they were getting noticed. I still screamed and tried to get the attention of someone who'd pull them apart so the fight would stop, I didn't know what else to do.