Chapter 16

Mandy picked me up, Sofia and Callie were already in the cab. Callie was wearing tights and short pants with a glittery top but her has was down, I knew she didn't like dressing up and wearing fancy clothes much. But none of us were dressed too fancy today, even though Pete had complimented me on my outfit earlier as if it had been something super extraordinary. Sofia was wearing a short skirt like me and a Beatles shirt. Mandy's skirt was a little longer but she had a white sleeveless top over it. We basically looked like your average group of girls going out.

When we got into the club, it seemed like a normal place Mandy had chosen. "Get that table over there where the guys are just leaving, I'll get drinks" Callie announced and pointed at a table in the corner, near the dancefloor before disappearing in the crowd in front of the bar. We claimed the table and sat down. "How are you doing?" Sofia asked me and put her hand on my arm, she was obviously worried. "I'm alright but I don't really want to talk about it. Let's just have some fun" I said with a sigh. "Alright, sweetie." When I looked back at the bar, Callie had already received our drinks but some guy was talking to her and I knew she wouldn't just tell someone to fuck off when they were being nice. Sofia laughed when she saw it too and Mandy rolled her eyes. "I'll get her" I volunteered because Callie didn't seem into the conversation at all. I got up and walked over to them, taking two of the drinks from her and smiling at the guy.

"I'm going to need my friend back" I said with a smirk. "But we were just talking" he replied, Callie looked thankful for me saving her though. "But we're having a girls' night" I said with a bittersweet smile. "But isn't the point of going to these clubs also to meet guys?" Oh, god! What a douche! "Well, it isn't for us." "And why not?" he asked, clearly ready to get into a fight over this with me now but I wasn't having it. Could he just fuck off? Callie looked desperate but she had no excuse. "Because we're lesbians" I said and he knew that I obviously wasn't serious but the fact that he also knew I was aware it wasn't a very good excuse showed him how little effort I was making. So he simply took his drink and walked away. "Thanks for that" Callie said and we walked back to the table. "How'd you get rid of him?" Mandy asked. "Apparently, we're lesbians" Callie grinned and the others laughed.

It actually turned out to be a really fun girls' night, we had to scare away some guys with Jenna Marbles faces but then it was all good once every dude in the bar had realised we weren't actually there to meet any guys. It wasn't too late though when I got back to Pete's so he was still up. He sat on his laptop in the kitchen, with cookies and a beer next to him, two empty ones already next to the fridge. "Hi" I said and sat opposite him. He looked up. "Hey" he replied. "I think I've got a job for you, Miller. It's not a writing job but it's cool and not embarrassing as you feared." My eyes grew wider. "What is it?" "It'd be paid very well and I think you'd like it even though it isn't in the business." "What is it?" I repeated, getting more and more curious now. "You'd be Benji's assistant." "Benji Madden?" I echoed. He grinned. "Yeah." Fuck, all my friends would hate me for getting this job, jealousy all around. "But why?" I asked. "How did you talk him into that?" "His old assistant just moved and he was telling me he needed a new one so I suggested that you could do it. He doesn't live too far from here so you would only be away when you travel with him. I thought it'd be a cool opportunity for you." I blinked several times and got off my stool, walking over to him. I hugged him tightly from the side and kissed his cheek. He smiled. "I guess that means you want it?" I laughed. "Of course! Thank you so much." Not only had the fangirl inside of me told me to do it but I also liked his work. It was worth a try anyway and a great chance as well, probably also an amazing experience. "I'll text him" Pete said and picked up his phone. "Want a beer?" he offered and I finished his bottle with one sip. I was so excited and it amazed me how quickly things had turned around for me again.