Chapter 13

Gabi's POV

I arrive back at the house in the morning. Dad's sleeping on the couch so I assume that last night didn't go too well. I get dressed for work, then leave a note for Mom and Dad before leaving.

I try to work my best, but I'm really worried about my mom. I don't know everything that she's been through, but it's a lot and I hope that Dad realizes that. Still, I feel as if Mom is hiding something from us. Maybe it got out last night and that's why Mom and Dad had an argument.

Whatever it is, I hope that everything turns out okay.

Demi's POV

I wake up the next morning and by the time I get downstairs, Joe is awake and gone. What is wrong with him these days? How could he say that he never loved me?

I attempt to call him many times over until I get it: he doesn't want to talk to me. I think about leaving a message, but then decide that it's not the smartest move, and I can't do much but wait for him to return, both to me and to himself again.

By the time Gabi comes back from work, I'm still trying not to lose hope, but the light is fading. She disappears into her room and I try calling Joe one more time.

He answers. "What is it, Demi?!"

"Are you coming home tonight?" I ask.

"Why would I? You're hiding something and I am fed up with the secrets!"

"Please. I'll tell you. Just please come back," I plead.

The other end is silent before Joe says, "I'm coming over but you'll get 15 minutes to explain yourself to me. Then, we're done." He hangs up.

I lay down on my bed in shock, then walk downstairs to wait for Joe by the front door.

He knocks about 5 minutes later and I let him in.

"Explain," he says, leaving no room for any small-talk.

"Well, I'm not sure how to say this, bu-"

"Just get on with it Demi!"

"I'm pregnant!" I announce nervously.

"You're what?!"

----------------------------------------------------

Surprise!