Chapter 7

Third Person POV

"Found. Hurt. Taken."

"Lost. Unsure. Names."

"Famous. Call? Injured."

Everything is happening so quickly. The flashing lights. The sirens and screams. The tears from the faces of the world. How could something like this happen with no punishment?

The bodies are a bloody mess; no one outside of the tape knows if they're alive. Lifted off the hot cement and into separate ambulances, they are stripped of all belongings. Beaten beyond recognition. What happened?

Joe's POV

I get back from the gym and turn on the TV while making lunch. 

"Two unidentifiable female bodies were found outside a motel in LA late this morning. One is a teenager and the other, most likely her mother."

Turning off the TV, I start to panic. What if it's Demi and Gabi? I know that there's little to no possibility of that, but I've been so worried about them, especially Gabi. She doesn't need to be brought into this mess.

I drive down to the hospital. I don't know why, but I know that I need to do something.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

"Um... yes. The two women who were brought here. Do you know who they are yet?"

"Go sit down. A nurse will be right with you."

Walking over to a seat, I can't help but panic a little. Even if it isn't Demi and Gabi, what happened is horrible especially since the predator hasn't been caught yet. If the victims are Demi and Gabi, I don't know if I'll have a reason to live.