Chapter 18 ~ Harry's heartache

Both boys travelled in silence back to the house; Sirius had left the when they had reached the edge of the forest, and now they were left with an empty hollow feeling inside. James didn't know what to say- what do you say to someone who's grieving? He wasn't good at this sort of stuff, he usually just relied on Lily. He wasn't an emotional person; he knew love, he knew sadness, but he never properly knew what to say.

Sirius was an even worse case; all he ever knew was fear. Compassion, love, was absent from his childhood - he was only taught this by his fiends. Without that, he feared what he would have became; it made him shudder to think! Nevertheless, he was gifted with a chance, and he took it willingly with both hands, and like Lily said, "Don't dwell on events that haven't or could have occurred." Wise words Potter, Sirius thought.

As Remus and James arrived on the doorstep, James gave his friend and encouraging smile, and reached to open the door. Just as he got his hand on the handle, he was greeted with a worried looking Harry. James laughed and went to reach for him, but Harry ran past him and jumped into Remus' surprising arms. "Uncle Moony, what happened to you, I was so scared!"

Laughing Remus proceeded to carry Harry into the house, reassuring him, along the way. James stood still in the hallway in utter disbelief; what had just occurred? Lily who was also standing there was also trying to suppress a laugh. "What? I'm his father. I made him!"

"And I had to carry both are children for nine months plus and delivered them!"

"Lily, you really are turning more and more into me; this isn't a competition petal," he said while laughing. Before he walked through the doorway, he turned around and patted his wife on the head.

As they entered into the house, James was greeted by the fire as he was ushered to the couch close to the fireplace. Lily summoned up a round of hot chocolate, while she put placed little Daisy in her cot for her third nap. She was still not convinced that Voldemort had slipped into an abyss of nothing; that he was still out there, plotting and waiting. Unsurprisingly of course James felt the same way also, which is why they positioned their family house elf to watch over their darling innocent baby.

They laughed and talked about everything besides what had happened last night, as if it was a normal day. Lily was aware of what had happened, because Harry ran into Remus' room, because he knew that something unusual was occurring. Lily ran in after him and found the letter that was absorbing tears. Her pondering on why Remus changed evaporated instantly, so she lifted Harry up and respectfully left the letter on Remus' bed.

James and Remus also knew, but never approached the subject.

It wasn't until later the next night after dinner that Remus conjured his strength and started the conversation. "As you both know my dad was attacked when Voldemort was at his most powerful, and for almost two years, he was in St Mungo's but he finally lost the battle. The funeral is two days," and with that he stood up and abruptly exited the room, leaving James and Lily.

****

Hollow. Silence. Empty. Feelings that circled Remus' heart. Everything was falling apart; it had been a week since the funeral, and was now the eleventh. Marlene's due day was drawing nearer and nearer. Anxious thickened. Sirius had no time for anyone as he was racing everywhere for last minute jobs to do.

Remus felt more alone than ever before. James and Lily were busy with Harry and Daisy; this was something he could always have Peter to rely on, although not anymore. No one would hire him for he was a werewolf and he was in a great deal of depression. He allowed each day to pass, hiding his angst pain, as he accompanied his friends through there life.

It wasn't until September the 1st, that Remus finally felt something once more.

The day began like any others, Harry's training was still an important aspect of the family's morning routine - Sirius made sure of it! They did the usual things; eat together, go on a walk, go to the shops, and just simply hang out with one another. It was half two when they got an owl saying Marlene had been emitted into hospital as she was in labour. Swiftly, James picked Harry up, while Lily gathered Daisy and they dashed out the door, closely followed by an energetic Remus.

Two hours later, a baby boy was welcomed into the world. Screams could be heard from throughout the hospital and Marlene's voice shouting at Sirius. "Sirius! Shut up!"

Tears where spilling from all eyes; it was a beautiful experience. At 12:00 they had taken numerous photos that James had asked the question. "So what's his name?"

Everyone looked at Remus who was holding the bundle of joy in his arms. He was fascinated by the boy; he had a great head of black curly hair like his father, and he had inherited his mothers caramel brown eyes. James even joked that they may be in laws soon enough. "His name shall be Marcus Alphard Black. Alphard after my uncle who had so graciously gifted we that money all those years ago. And Marcus because Marlene liked it." Laughter filled the room.

"And who is the Godfather?" questioned James. Sirius who had previously confided in James the name of the Godfather, who growing even more ecstatic. "IT'S REMUS!" he screeched with glee, running over and strangling his friend in a bear hug. Marlene and Lily erupted into giggles as James and Harry joined the hug.

"Right fellows, lets get this little fellow home."

*****

"No! Sirius Orion Black I do not give you permission."

"Why? Its not even that bad!" whined Sirius.

Both Marlene and Sirius was in a showdown; Sirius was clutching a mop and bucket whereas Marlene was holding Marcus. Sirius was convinced that he could use magic to clean the house and use magic to look after Marcus. Sirius was in denial, convinced that nothing could go wrong. Marlene had listed numerous reasons to an aggravated Sirius. Eventually, Marlene had won the battle, and she had Sirius mopping the floor.

Countless people had been roaming into the house since the birth, although the main resident had become Remus, James and Lily. Surprise Surprise! Molly Weasley had made her way into the house on numerous occasions, knitting the new born jumper after jumper; she had added Marcus to the list of the innumerable.

Unsurprisingly, Marlene was a wonderful mother, and Sirius, well Sirius was Sirius. Protective. Idiotic. Remarkable. They were a family now; a proper one. They both swore to protect each other and anyone they consider family, and that was something they would do.

Hi!

So its been a while! Since I last updated, I have been writing a new book, Marauders Head Canons. I have uploaded the first chapter, but I have like ten chapters wrote. It basically takes place in Hogwarts during there era. Its what I would have imagined what would have happened in that time. Its like a prequel to this book! I would really appreciate it if you could read it, and just tell me your thoughts.

Also, I have been experiencing some writers block, in this book. All I can imagine, is them all in Hogwarts, but I'm attempting to save that for a sequel! If you have any ideas, they to would be appreciated.

MrsAllAustralianxoxo