Chapter 3 - The encounter

The pub was filled with those celebrating the good news. Voldemort is dead!

Sirius sat alone at the bar, blocking the noise from he's thoughts. At half four he attempted to stand and fell; he stayed lying on the ground, enjoying the cool wood floor, touch his fiery check. He felt himself being hoisted up and carried around the room, by everyone. All he wanted was to crawl up in bed and cry and scream into his pillow. To wake up and pretend the previous day was a dream. Was it to much to ask?

Twenty minutes later or so he reached the door and felt the cold winter air sober started the process of sobering him up. Well enough to see what was in front of him at the very most. He took the back ways home to his apartment knowing James and Lily needed their peace and that he couldn't stomach the crowds of people dancing in rejoice.

Staggered home drunken, after he had tried to swallowed all his sorrow and anger in drink, he noticed something, something lurking in the shadows, not wanting to be seen. Abruptly he stopped and felted his pocket. His wand was there; he quickly muttered the spell help clear his headache, and fiery throat burning from the liquor, and he straightened up, adding to his height.

He was curious, and just like always the sun rises every morning, his curiosity took over him, pulling him to the shadows. A less drunken Sirius staggers over to the charcoal shadows to find something he thought would make his heart stop. Once more he felt the anger tinglingly at his fingertips screaming to be released.

The gleam shown brighter in the dark, if possible.

A fat short hand drew from the shadows into a small wave. Sirius felt his blood run cold. A nose and then a face edged from the shadows; a body then joined the head, shaking with fear.

"You" Sirius said with disgust, while spitting on the ground, as if his spit was venom. Previously, Sirius had attempted to create that spell - his attempts futile.

"Sirius it wasn't my fault. H- h- he, he threatened me Sirius, if I could do it all again," quaked Peter, his hands up against his face in protection, cowering in fear.

Sirius was bewildered. He did not know the man that stood before him.

His hair was greasy, he's teeth were stained yellow, and he was shaking. Not from the air, but from fear. This was not the man he had grown to love as a brother - this was an imposter!

"Don't lie to me you filthy worm, I can tell when your lying, I was stupid enough to be friends with you all those years before, but don't worry you'll pay for that. STUPEFY."

Peter was blasted against a nearby wall while Sirius shouted numerous more spells and hexes at him. He surrendered to his madness. The Black heritage he so strongly fought in angst pain since he was a boy; tonight, he allowed it to overcome him.

"See this Wormtail, this may be pain, but nothing is worst than to see your own son die before you, while you cradle him in your arms," he screeched, his voice breaking.

Peter managed to stumble a word before his head was bashed against the wall, "What?" Peter said it in such a perplexing way, was he happy, or was he sad? He was always an unusual character- difficult to read. A crowd of muggles were gathering, confused by the commotion.

"Ohh you heard me well and clear my boy, but little our little Bambi fought it and came out on top, while your precious little master, is nowhere to be seen, the same way you'll go," he tasted blood in his mouth; a fuel to the fire.

All of Peters coloured drained from his face, realisation overcame him. Peter pleaded with Sirius, "Now, Sirius, we can sort this out like proper gentlemen-"

"Proper gentlemen" Sirius mocked as he interrupted Peter, "you are nothing of any sort, your just a filthy horrible little rat. That we were stupid enough to be friends with. Is that where you went, Wormtail. All those days and hours you were missing in our finale year, were you with them since them?" The hurt was unmistakable in Sirius voice, to almost cracked a sob. He was blinking back the tears now.

Peter didn't say anything, instead looked at his shoes, trying to hide his own tears.

Sirius stepped backwards as was ready to cast his next spell, only this time Peter was  expecting it and was ready and far quicker and turned into a rat. Although, Sirius did send a hex resulting in three fingers coming off his hand, ever less, Peter still ran off, like the coward he was. The crowd that had once gathered ran screaming in every direction. Rage consumed him and he bellowed in anger, sending thr crowd scattering.

Sirius turned around, catching his breath before whispering, " I need to go and tell Lily and James." And with that he took of at lighting speed all most as it he were on fire and ran back to Lily and James of his lasted fine encounter. Although, he was drunk - not as heavily drunk as before, but neverthrless drunk, his mind felt clear. The thought was obscure, but it was almost as if the drink burning in his veins, was suppling his energy, allowing him, 'run like the wind.'

It didn't help that the boy couldn't run in a straight line; it did make for quite the comedic sight though for those celebrating. Countless people cheered him on and just like his matches he felt a surge of adrenaline kick in.

The nights air sobering him up fast as he reached nearer and nearer to the safe house; granted it was only two miles away, from the pub but he had stumbled off in the different direction to his apartment, and had perhaps travelled three or so miles. Ignoring the pain in his side he pushed his body and legs to levels he had never down before. Levels that even James had done for training when he became Captain and Head Boy.

He's excuse was he had a standard to uphold, but in reality he had gotten a six pack over sixth year summer and was scared of losing it, after Remus informed him lying on the couch and stuffing his face wasn't the best idea; when he found out he could lose the six pack he went into panic mum mode - quite the sight in the Gryffindor common room.

Although he did have to stop twice to vomit in peoples hedges along the way. "Oops he thought, they're going to have a surprisingly fun morning." Sirius made it to the the top of the road. He was met by peculiar stares as he ran all other the road to reach the house. Dumbfounded Orders face's, as he raced past.