Chapter 10~ The Wedding Day

"James, Lily told me to tell you to stop pacing, it's creating a draft." James looked up to see a smiling Remus leaning by the doorframe, arms crossed.

"Ohh. I'm sorry Remus, I'm just so nervous, what if I mess up and she doesn't want to ever see me again? How can I explain that to my parents," stated a very anxious James running his fingers throughout his hair once more. Collapsing into the near bye armchair in defeat.

Sirius who was stood by the fireplace, watching the act in amusement. "Wow wow wow! Slow your coaches I'm the one getting married remember? You and lily already did it, and all your doing is a speech, which Lily has already read over, remember?"

"Has he been like this all morning, Sirius?," asked a tired Remus rubbing his eyes, acting like James wasn't even in the room.

"Yep, pretty much. He's been whispering about not seeing children, but I don't know what's going on in his head."

As James stood up to page yet again, earning an eyeroll from Sirius and a laugh from Remus, his speech fell out of his pocket. Oblivious to Remus picking it up, he continued his pacing.

"James, this is wonderful! It's from the heart, it's got emotion, it's so raw, and beautiful!"

"Yeah. Lily told me to do that. When I started I couldn't stop. She told me I couldn't use as many puns that Sirius placed in his speech for my day."

"LA LA LA. I CAN'T HEAD YOU! SO SHUT UP. LA LA LA. LA LA LA"

"Jezz, what's you with him James?"

"Ohh, Sirius said he doesn't want to jinx anything, he also doesn't want to see or hear anything about he wedding. He doesn't like his chances with fate, so everything has to be perfect."

Remus awkwardly laughed. "So what have you done with your previous speech then?"

James scratched the back of his neck, sheepishly. "I'm saving it for when we hit the drink." Both boys laughed - this would be quite a sight. Upon noticing that Sirius had removed himself from the conversation, they turned to inspect the situation.

As both boys turnt to face Sirius, they knew something was wrong; his face had paled and he collapsed into the armchair in which James had to collapsed into prior. "Sirius, are... are you alright?" James and Remus crept towards him, as if every step was adding to the commotion, that they were certain would involve.

Silently, he whispered, barley heard, "James, Remus tell me something and answer it seriously. Okay?"

"What could be more serious than your name?" James questioned, in a humorous tone hoping to defuse the situation. Remus sent him a look that shut him up.

"Does my soon to be wife, Marlene, the love of my life... have ... something ... old, something blue, something used and something new? Or whatever the Order is."

*****

Remus walked down the hallway, clutching his sides of the memory of Sirius. As he reached Marlene's room, he attempted to straighten himself up, and look more respectable. Silently, laughing to himself, he knocked on the door to see quite a sight.

How was this worst then the boys room?

The bride stood gazing out the window, her veil wrapped around her, to shield her face from the stares of her companions. Lily was running and around the room clutching her side and belly, attempting to fix dresses. Any tweak they needed ironed out, she was on it. Venturing further into the room, he spotted Lily biting her lip, attempting to enclose a laugh, or herd of giggles from being released.

"Okay, um well I guess everything's in order here," Remus began, looking around the room in a state of shock.

Lily jumped. Although she did not care to admit it, she was still on edge. She hasn't surprises or hearing a noise without being able to identify the source. Upon realisation,Lily sighed, which Remus could only hope was a sigh of relief, upon finally noticing him. "Oh Remus, quick. Do you know how to tie a bow?"

Bewildered, Remus answered with a simple "Yes," unclear of what he would be tasked with.

"Great," shouted an ecstatic Lily, "Here start tying the bridesmaids dresses." Pushing Mary towards an unexpected Remus.

*****

Twenty, agonising minutes later, everyone was ready. Remus ran out of the room down the corridor and into Sirius' room. Thankfully the armchair was no longer in use. "We have to head to the chapel now, the girls are getting photographs and will be there a few minutes after us."

Sirius and James stood up, and joined Remus at the door. The joined in a hug, not uttering a word, before leaving.

As Sirius stood on the alter he looked at his Groomsmen, and a smile appeared on his face. They each reciprocated the smile, knowing today couldn't be ruined. It was the start of their adventure; Sirius silently swore to himself that he would not allow anything to come between him and his bride.

Upon finishing this thought, the music for the bride to arrive started to play.