Chapter 20 ~ The Anniversary

"Flowers?"

"Check!"

"Tissues?"

"Check."

"What else do we need. I know it. I just feel it. I need to find the missing puzzle piece," Lily ushered lying down on the couch.

James who was running around preventing the children from conjuring havoc while he was certain Lily was having a mental breakdown. Today was the day the Potters and the Durselys were meeting. The first time since the attack. They would be meeting Daisy for the first time, and Lily was hoping it would go smoother than last time.

At home, James argued it was the boy Dudley's fault. Sirius agreed. Lily argued Sirius didn't have an opinion in this discussion. Remus sat reading.

"He shouldn't have attempted to run Harry over with his toy train. Harry is being trained to miss oncoming objects," James said as he ran after Lily who had Harry wrapped in her arms. "Don't blame our child for being more advanced than that ... ''little' boy."

She whipped her head around to face her confused husband. "Harry is nine months old. He was sitting upright and just managed to crawl out of the way in time."

If a mans eyes could pop from his head from surprise, then that man was James Potter. "What do you mean he 'just managed to crawl out of the way in time,' it's his training. Don't ever dare deny it."

He grabbed Harry from her arms and held him up like Simba, "Look in his eyes sweetheart. Tell me there's not determination present."

"Well honey. If you hold out child down, I might be able to see."

Just as Lily looked in his eyes, Harry let out a fart right in his fathers face. Laughter erupted from Lily while Harry wore a sheepish grin. He to soon join in with the laughing.

"Now I do have to agree with Harry."

Two hours later the Potter Family arrived at number four Private Drive. Instantly, James did not like the place; old memories resurfaced. Daisy squirmed in his arms, discomfort present. As the family of four ventured to the door James looked to Lily for reassurance. "Don't mess anything up. Don't rise to it and don't retaliate," she muttered as she took another step to knock on the door.

Petunia opened the door, a fake smile beaming on her face. The stench of her experience perfume lingered on everything she touched and breezed past. Lily noticed how thin she was and her healer mode along with her sister mode kicked in. The girl had everything to perfection.

Perfect nails. Perfect teeth. Perfect hair. Perfect clothes. Perfect husband. Perfect son. Perfect life.

The only thing that wasn't perfect was her sister and her freakish blood. Petunia looked at Lily, and what she once saw pity, was now replaced with irritation. She messed everything up. Taunting her with her spells and 'ability of magic' it was all so infuriating. The husband was just an abnormally tall man child who knocked her sister up. Why else would she have gotten married at twenty? Certainly not that supposed 'Wizard War' with 'Deathbreakers' and the headmaster 'Bumblebee.' And don't ever get her started on that 'Walled the mount' or whatever the no nosed fellow was called.

Now don't even get her started on the eldest child. A nine month old the last time she saw him; he had her eyes. The Evans family eyes, like her own father, but everything else was from the smug, overly confident man child. The new child she had not yet encountered, although she did not hold great expectations.