Chapter 2 - Sirius

James was sat by the window, staring intensely at his surroundings, twiddling his thumbs, counting the seconds to pass. He concentrated on the road, hoping the feeling would be set adrift - it didn't. "Lily, look it's Sirius!" Relief flooded his voice.

The Potter has taken residents at one of the safe houses close to Hogwarts in Hogsmeade. An Order meeting was held the moment they walked through the door. Anxious faces met their tear eyes. Previously, once Lily had regained her thoughts, she sent her Patronus to the members alerting them, and they were told to regroup at that house.

Dumbledore insisted they stay there, as himself and his brother could take care of them. Members lingered the streets now. One at every entrance, and others patrolling the streets, incase of another attack, from one of his followers. Mostly for reassurance. The Potters broke down a second time that night upon hearing the news of the Longbottoms.

Lily collapsed to the floor in defeat and was carried to bed by her husband. He placed a sleeping spell over her and joined the others downstairs.

The Order were gathering there to think of a new plan, on what they were going to have to do. Half the Order alerted everyone they could think off, to announce the news that his reign was over, while the other went to investigate the House. Upon returning they gave James back him wand which he gratefully took. He took a mental note, to never walk into a room without it.

After they returned they all set out to find Peter. Sirius was not allowed to be their at the first meeting; the meeting was a mere ten minutes, although the minutes slowly ticked by for Sirius. He was under the watch of two members from the Order, to ensure business would be sorted and a plan set before he approached and started screaming. These days he was violent, unpredictable... dangerous. When he heard the news he smashed every window in his apartment and went running.

Now, twenty minutes after the meeting, he was allowed to see them - his family.

It was one of those days that you could hear Sirius before you saw him, he was furious. On these days, nothing ever turned out 'alright'. The barrier he had successfully built up, tumbled down; the dam was broken and the water was flooding the village, mercilessly.

The front door banged shut. "How dare that little filthy, loathsome worm that was our so friend, snatch you out". Sirius roared, spit flying everywhere, crash landing. He ran around the room his fist flying everywhere; the gleam was in his eyes, Lily noticed that immediately.

His eyes were dark and dangerous. His eyes held a murderous streak. His eyes... his eyes wasn't his tonight's.

"I know Sirius it was because -" James was caught short by Sirius who had obviously been doing pre party drinking. The smell was laced on his breath.

"Oh trust me James I know, he was always sacred to fight on his own, even at school, that was the only reason he made friends with us, not a bit of loyalty in his dirty body". Sirius spat on the floor in disgust resulting in Lily giving him a dirty look. She too could feel her anger rising.

"This isn't our house Sirius, control that lip or I'll give you something to howl about. Haven't you not realise what's happened? Peter obviously didn't have a bit of trust in any of us to defeat Voldemort, so he turn on us so he could live! If only we saw it sooner, we could have prepared, because it was undoubtedly going to occur."

Lily fell to the floor with baby Harry in her arms. James came and huddled close while Sirius patted James' back telling him it would work out in the end, and a bitter note of how Peter would pay!

In-between sobs, Lily managed to say "He killed our baby Sirius, he was dead, but fought it, just like we will fight all of this and victory will be in our hands", they all looked at baby Harry with admiration, before the front door opened awaking the adults from their daze. The Order has arrived once more.

****
"Sirius are you sure you'll be fine out there on your own with that temper?", James asked laughing at his own joke half heartily.

"I'll be fine James, I just need a few drinks to cool off. Remind Lily that Harry will be alright, because don't forget you've got back up all around this street." It was true; Remus was upstairs, comforting Lily who had woken up, explaining what had occurred since she had collapsed once more. Marlene, Dorcas and Mary were moving everything from Godricks Hollow as they were unable to live their anymore. They were taking them to the Potter Household, where they had agreed to live in after the War was over.

Sirius was ordered not to go after Peter, as he was uncontrollable at the moment. He was being chaperoned to the bar, the only other place he wished to be at the present moment in time. The two men looked all around the street, with tears once more beginning to form in their eyes. The gleam was no longer present.

James patted Sirius telling him it would be fine and he'd see them later.

****
Sirius walked down the street kicking ever thing in sight. He didn't care. His best friends had just been attacked and it was all his fault. Stupidly, he gave his job to Peter. He should have just sent a letter to Voldemort saying where they were. Or better yet, posted it in the newspaper.

"No it's not your fault, he has chosen a path, a wrong one, but he has to pay the price at some sort. If you go out there and kill him, how is that going to help, we need you here safe and sound."

Lily's words of wisdom echoed his head. Thoughts swarmed his brain, along with memories of the boys throughout their time at school. Their final year he became distant; the boys silently agreed that Peter was in a relationship at first, and for the first few months allowed him to disappear without questioning. Around Christmas Time they confronted him; the boy was flustered and couldn't answer. It was Remus who asked first, "Are you in a relationship, if you are you don't need to tell us who we would just like to know why you've been sneaking off," he softly spoke.

"Unless he doesn't want us to see who he's sneaking of with, because he's embarrassed." James spoke up, a lightbulb went off in the three boys head. Without saying anything they circled around his and hugged him.

"It's okay if you like boys, Peter, we'd never treat you any different, and we'll protect you
from anyone," Sirius whispered into his hair. Peter allowed his body to melt into the hug, which the boys took as a yes to their question.

The memory was raw for Sirius, who know understood and could see the full picture which was once hid from him. The last thought he had circling his brain was the last time both boys had seen one another. How Sirius comforted Peter, convincing him he would be a better job at being Secret Keeper.

Rage consumed him.

Sirius made his way to the Leaky Caldron and slammed the door shut behind him. He felt the anger coursing his body, lingering at every touch of contact he made. He was oblivious, as the minute the Order member left, another shadow behind him appeared. Little did he know, he was being followed.

Although, little did they know, the gleam in his eyes had returned...

A/N
WOW. OMG. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CHAPTER ALONE HAS 170 READS.

My last one has over 200!

I just want to say thank you all.

~MrsAllAustralianxoxo