Chapter 13 ~ Surprise

"Marlene my beautiful wife, I made you waffles," Sirius shouted up the stairs to Marlene. It had been two weeks since their wedding and everyday was getting better and better. With no reply, Sirius went upstairs to find out where she was. When he last left her, she was fast asleep in bed, but upon further inspection Sirius found the bed empty and gaging noise going from their toilet.

Sirius knocked every so slightly on the door, "Honey, are you okay?"

Sirius opened the door to find his wife's head down the toilet. Appalled by the sight, Sirius grabbed his wife, and cradled her in his arms, for about an hour until she was better. "Marlene," he whispered softly in her ear, "I think it's time we go to St Mungo's, just to check. Don't you?" Nodding, she motioned for him to receive her wand.

*****

"It's true. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Black, your going to have a baby." The words hung in the air; was this true? Were they really expecting? This was it, they were going to have a child of their own? Questions were forming in both their minds, but Sirius and Marlene said nothing until the nurse left the room.

"Pregnant," Marlene whispered. The word felt foreign on her tongue.

"Oh my. We're finally going to have that dream team I was telling you about!"

******

Back at the Potter manner, Lily was finally starting to show big, at five months. "James look she's already bigger then Harry was when he was this age, oh I just can't believe it," Lily said twirling around the room. She was still in the Honeymoon period of her pregnancy - surprisingly. Just then a loud crashing could be heard from the hall; James and Lily froze.

James motioned to Lily to stay with Harry in the room, as he went to investigate, his wand ready. Tip toeing down the hallway, to the source of the noise. Relief flooded him when he the Black's family Owl. "Squirrel" as he was formally known (Sirius named him as a child)  was sitting by the broken window, a note in his beak.

"We're fine, deer," James shouted down to Lily.

James' eyes seemed to pop out of his head when he saw that it was a howler, it screamed, "WE'RE PREGNANT. START TRAINING HARRY AND YOUR BABY. I'M GONNA DO EXERCISES WITH MARLENE TO KEEP THE BABY FIT FOR FOR THE TEAM. AND WE HAVE TO FIND REMUS A GIRL NOW."

"Who was that darling?" Lily had just reached the end of the hallway, having not quite heard the entire conversation. "All I heard was Sirius screaming about training."

"It was Sirius. Marlene and him are... pregnant."

Lily shrieked with happiness. She was ecstatic for Marlene and Sirius!

*****

Soon upon hearing the news, the old gang met up at Hogsmead, to discuss the latest news.

"So the baby's due in September! And I can hardly wait."

"I know Marlene it's so exciting."

"The only thing is, Sirius has been a little bit paranoid." Just as Marlene had finished her sentence Sirius dropped in-font of Marlene and shouted, "My wife is pregnant, don't you dare walk past her with firewhiskey in your hands."

"Like that," finished Marlene, cringing.

Lily's hand reached over and patted Marlene, "Don't worry, James did the same with me, but it's cute."

James brought Sirius outside to teach him self defence moves. "This move will help you protect Marlene when danger is around, you simply just swing your leg in the air and let your leg catch onto the persons head and pull them down." James was acting out all the moves on a determined Sirius, and was getting him to repeat them.