26

Kara

I walk over to the island counter and grabbed the bowl of chips, handing them to Mon-el. He sets them down onto the coffee table as I grab all of the games out of the cupboard.

"Alright I think everything is all set up for game night" I smile at him.

He smiles back and starts to walk over to me. But before he could get any closer there was a knock at the door. He gave me a puppy dog sad look and I just laugh him off as I walk to the door.

"Hey" Winn says, as he, and James enter.

Not soon after Alex arrives followed by J'onn, then Lena.

"Great now that everyone is here-" Mon-el starts.

"Not everyone" I say cutting him off and closing the door.

"Who else is coming?" He asks slapping his hands together

Before I can answer, another knock interrupts me. I open the door as quickly as I closed it moments ago and there Imra stands.

"Come on in" I say forcing a smile.

Mon-Els face immediately drops. "Kara, can you help me over there?" He points to the bedroom. I roll my eyes at his unsuttleness and follow. "What is she doing here? Did you invite her?" He asks me.

"Yes I did" i say bluntly 

"Why?!" He yells.

"Relax" I sigh placing my hands on his chest. "We will talk after everyone has gone. Everything is going to be alright" I say placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Fine" he sighs as we make our way back into the living room.

I smile and pull out the first bored game. Our game play lasts for about 2 hours, with Winn being extra loud and Imra trying to watch from afar, before Lena announces she should be going. James follows her and Winn follows him. Last to leave is Alex. She gives me a quick hug and then is out the door.

Then it's just silence. Imra sitting on the couch staring at her fingers and Mon-el sitting across from her, giving her a death stare no one would ever want to receive.

I begin to pick up the empty bowls that were filled with chips and pretzels and decide I should be the one to brake the ice. "So how was-"

"Why is she here?" Mon-el interrupts me, not taking his eyes off of her.

Her head shoots up and they just stare at each other. "We need to talk" I say putting the last empty bowl into the sink, and sitting by Mon-el, placing my hand lightly over his.

"Come back to the future with me and Brainy" Imra deadpans, finally speaking.

"That's what this is about?!" He yells "No! Hell no! I've told you a thousand times, I'm never going back!"

"I think you should" I say meekly, squeezing his hand.

His head whips towards me, betrayal written all over his face. "What? You're- you're on her side?"

"I'm not on anyone's side" I sigh. "But think about all of the people who's lives have already been lost"

"Kara's right Mon-el" Imra says. I shoot her a nasty glare, knowing this isn't going to help the situation. 

"I said no. I-I need to think. I'm just going to go." He says standing up and racing out the door. 

"Mon-el!" I call after him. But he's gone, leaving Imra and I just sitting on my couches. 

Imra quickly stands up making me jump a bit. "Well that didn't work" She says 

"I didn't think it would" I tell her.

"Neither did I. It's not a problem though. I have another way to defeat the world killers, so my sister, along with the future will be saved." She explains

"What's your plan?" I ask standing. "Maybe I can help"

"Oh, there's really nothing you can help with. It should be quite easy, and don't worry, I'll be sure to run it by the DEO first. Goodbye Kara." She says and then practically runs out the door. 

I huff and finish cleaning up. As long as Imra runs her plan by the DEO, everything should be fine.

I grab my phone and try to call Mon-el. The call goes immediately to voice mail as I sigh again. "Hey" I start, not exactly sure of what I'm going to say. "Can you just call me please, I wasn't trying to upset you, I just want talk" I finish, hanging up.

Deciding the best thing to do right now is to clear my head, I quickly change into my super suit and fly out the window.

Flying is the easiest way for me to relax and let everything go. Listening to the sounds of the city has always been so calming.

I fly through downtown and past the DEO. Then head to the ocean. The salty water invading my air ways. I don't mind though, I'll never mind.

The moon reflects off the water, making everything brighter.

However, I begin to feel dizzy. I stop flying and stay in one place in the air, trying to stop the overwhelming headache. Soon it become too much, I stare down at my hands, my veins turning green. I begin to fall. The air rushing past me as I get closer to the water. I want to stop myself, I want to fly back up, but I can't.

As my body hits the freezing water, my mind goes blank.