When I Grow Up

Younghyun's room was silent as all the boys were sitting waiting for Younghyun to wake up the doctor walked in and smiled "Are you guys all friends of Younghyun?" the boys all nodded the doctor hummed "If you could keep this information a secret from anyone else that would help Younghyun" once again they all nodded listening to the doctor.

"Younghyun's mother died in this hospital since it's pretty close to the house where his family lived, she died from cancer."

"Has Younghyun ever flinched when you guys try to touch him or anything?"

"I put my arm around his shoulder, and he would flinch."

"I see. I was his mother's attending doctor; my wife was his case worker so please if you ever need anything go and ask for Mrs. Choi" the doctor winked walking out of the room with silent footsteps.

Younghyun finally sat up from the hospital bed, stretching his arms cautiously to avoid knocking over the IV bag. His legs felt like jelly from being constantly urged by the boys to remain lying down, even though he knew he could handle the pain. He had endured beatings like this before and always pushed through, only staying at the hospital when strictly instructed by doctors.

As he rose, Younghyun spotted his phone charging on the counter beside a pile of clothes neatly arranged on a chair. Carefully shedding his hospital gown and pants, he opted for a red sweater, khaki pants, and black shoes that he found underneath the chair. After lacing up his shoes, he meticulously tidied up his room before heading out.

With his head down to avoid any unwanted attention, Younghyun made his way out of the hospital and started walking home once he was at a safe distance. The boys had already left to attend to their duties as scheduled earlier in the day.