Jam Jam

As the sun began its descent, casting a warm golden hue over the school grounds, Chan approached Young-Hyun with an excited glimmer in his eyes. His voice carried a touch of eagerness as he proposed, "Hey, Young-Hyun, want to join us for practice today? We're working on our debut."

Young-Hyun smiled warmly, touched by the invitation. In these past few weeks, music had become their common language - a bond that transcended social barriers and brought them closer together. The thought of practicing with them filled him with anticipation.

"Of course," he replied earnestly. "I'd love to join you, but did you ask your company if it was okay?" Chan frowned shrugging his shoulders. Mingyu piped up "I knew Chan was going to do this so I asked the company and they said he could come as long as we practice and introduce him to our trainers to see if he has the potential to be an idol."

Young-Hyun's heart skipped a beat at the mention of meeting their trainers. The nerves that had once simmered beneath the surface now threatened to consume him entirely. He had always been hesitant to share his passion for dance, unsure of how others would perceive him. But now, faced with the opportunity to showcase his skills, he couldn't shake the overwhelming fear of being judged and rejected.

The group made their way to the practice room, a space filled with mirrors that reflected their aspirations and dreams. As they entered, Young-Hyun's eyes darted around, taking in every detail - the posters of their favorite artists lining the walls, the worn-out mats on the floor that bore testament to countless hours of hard work, and the echo of music that lingered in the air, an anthem to their dedication.

The trainers, a team of experienced professionals with a keen eye for talent, stood at the front of the room, observing silently. Young-Hyun's heart thumped loudly in his chest as he tried to steady his nerves.

One by one, the members of Seventeen introduced themselves to the trainers - their names and their positions. Their leader was first and then in age order the rest followed "S.Coups, Leader and rapper" his voice boomed with confidence. "Yoon Jeong Han, Lead vocalist," he remarked softly like a feather tickling your ears "Joshua, Lead Vocalist" he announced awkwardly "Jun, Lead dancer and sub vocalist" His accent was familiar "Hoshi, Performance team leader, Main dancer, Lead vocalist, and sub rapper" He growled "Wonwoo, Rapper and sub vocalist" He declared "Woozi, Producer, Vocal team leader, and Lead vocalist" He shrugged out "DK, Main Vocalist" He yelled gladly "Mingyu, rapper and sub vocalist" Mingyu stood the tallest out of all the boys "The8, Lead dancer, sub rapper and sub vocalist" He purred out "Seungkwan, Main vocalist" He chirped "Vernon, Rapper and Sub vocalist"

He nonchalantly remarked "Dino, Main dancer, Sub vocalist, sub rapper and youngest member of the team" He noisily confirmed. Young-Hyun had no idea what to say so he stared blankly at the boys as they stood in a line.

Their manager pointed towards Young-Hyun "Who's your friend?" Young-Hyun jumped and sputtered to answer the man "Oh...I'm..I.." nothing was coming out and all eyes were on him the manager next to him piped up "Young-Hyun, Cho Young-Hyun he goes to school with the maknae line" Young-Hyun bowed sheepishly towards the female manager for her help.

Young-Hyun's cheeks burned with embarrassment as all eyes remained fixed on him. The trainers, their gazes sharp and assessing, seemed to be sizing him up, trying to determine if he had what it took to be an idol. He felt a knot forming in his stomach, a mixture of nervousness and excitement intertwining within him.

The music began to play, reverberating through the practice room. Seventeen members dispersed into their respective positions, flawlessly synchronizing their movements. Their dance routines were intricate and dynamic, showcasing their exceptional talent and years of dedication.