X: under pressure

"under pressure, pushing down on me, pushing down on you."

The griffin landed and Edmund helped Juliet off

The griffin landed and Edmund helped Juliet off. They smiled at each other as he noticed her eyes were red with tears, and that was only going to get worse. "You go ahead I'll make sure no ones injured." Edmund told Juliet who ran to join Susan.

"My dear Juliet." Someone from behind her said.

She turned to see the Professor. "Professor! You're alive!" Juliet whispered excitedly. He laughed as Lucy caught his attention.

Lucy was at the entrance of the How. "What happened?"

Peter's face was livid. "Ask him." Everyone stopped abruptly as Caspian turned to face Peter.

"Peter." Susan sighed.

Caspian scoffed. "Me? You could've called it off there was still time." He shot back, making his sister roll her eyes.

"No there wasn't thanks to you." Peter turned back to Caspian. "If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

"And if we'd stayed here like I'd said they definitely would be!" Caspian shouted.

Peter grimaced. "You called us remember?"

Caspian narrowed his eyes. "My first mistake."

"No! Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey!" Caspian shouted as Peter began to walk away again. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

"You invaded Narnia." Peter pointed at him and Susan looked down at Juliet's clenched fists. "You have no more right to be here than Miraz does." Caspian walked past Peter in anger. "You, him... your sister!"

Caspian stopped.

"Narnia's better off than the lot of you!"

Caspian shouted and drew out his sword as Peter did the same. "No!" Juliet ran in between them and faced Caspian, he could see his sisters face was filled with dread and fear. He sheathed his sword immediately.

"Stop it!" Edmund ran forward with Trumpkin but Juliet didn't stay, she left with Caspian.

"Caspian wait!" Juliet was crying, she hated to see her brother this way. Tears streamed down her face as she grabbed onto his arm. "Don't listen to Peter! He's just being a prick!"

"Yes but he has a point." Caspian said, cutting his sister off and finally noticing her tears. He gasped and pulled her into a hug.

"Ahem. If I may interject." It was Nikabrick. "What you want, I can get for you. Follow me." He started to walk into the tomb and Caspian followed, dragging his sister along.

"What is this?" Caspian said as Nikabrik led him to stand at the back of the room, Juliet still clutched onto him. The dwarf just smiled onwards as two figures started to crawl out from the shadows.

"I am hunger, I am thirst." The first one came close to Juliet but Caspian pushes her behind him. "I can go for ten years without food and water."

'Well that's just not healthy.' Juliet thought to herself. She always had to keep her spirits up seeing as her brother was such a pessimist.

"What you hate so do we, no one hates better than us." The other thing looked like a bird, but scaley as well. Juliet shuffled closer and closer to Caspian before Nikabrik pulled her hand and she was pulled from his reach.

Even though Nikabrik was only a dwarf, Juliet was seeing all of this for the first time and it made her weak minded. She screamed for help.

"Caspian, no!"

"Edmund!"

The bird held a spear in her and before uttering words that no one could hear over Juliet's cries. She threw the spear into the ground and suddenly the whole arch was a wall of ice and Juliet could just see the blurry figure of a witch.

It was her.

She talked to Caspian. "Come, young Prince. Just one drop of your blood and I will be free, I will help you." Her voice was just as icy as her being.

"Caspian no." Juliet whispered as he held out his hand.

XXX

Edmund was sitting with his head in his hands.

"Ed, what's wrong?" Susan and Peter found him after a while but he just stared up at Peter and glared at him.

"You're a git. You know that?" Edmund spat.

Susan's eyes widened. "Edmund? What are you saying?"

Edmund's eyes were clear. Showing no emotion. "Jesus, Peter they were only trying to help! They're good people but you would t know that because all you care about is proving yourself to whoever you're trying to prove yourself to!" Edmund let out a big sigh and Susan just glanced over at Peter, she knew full well this was about Juliet.

"Ed, calm down."

"No! Listen to me, I don't care what you think about Caspian, but Juliet is a good person and she-"

"Edmund!"

Susan span around. "What was that?"

Edmund started to walk past his siblings as Lucy came to investigate as well. "Juliet. Quick!"

The Pevensie siblings arrived in the tomb to see Caspian staring blankly at the White Witch and Juliet being held by what looked to be a dog, she looked vulnerable and nothing like her normal self. Edmund ran straight for the dog as the girls took the hag and Peter went for Caspian.

"Get off her!" Edmund threatened the dog thing as Peter pushed Caspian out of the way and the Witch's attention was diverted. Then, everyone watched as something pushed its way out of the ice wall, it was what looked to be an icy rope that wrapped itself around Juliet and held her up away from everyone.

"You let my sister go, now!" Caspian shouted.

The Witch only laughed as Peter was shoved into the circle by Nikabrik. Juliet has passed out by now and Edmund knew what he had to do but it was risky. He walked slowly behind the ice wall and stuck his sword right through the Witch's chest. All the ice shattered and Juliet fell.

"Juliet!" Caspian shouted. "Oh no, no." This was the first time anyone had seen Caspian so soft.

Edmund crouched down next to him and grabbed hole of her hand. "Ouch!" He let go as a painful feeling encased his own hand. Peter furrowed his eyebrows as he lifted her sleeve up. Embedded in Juliet's wrist was a piece of ice.

"We need to lay her down somewhere warmer, come on." Peter ordered the others.

And so they left the ice to melt, in Aslan's tomb.

🖤