XIV: a kind of magic

"the bell that rings inside your mind."

The days that followed were victorious indeed

The days that followed were victorious indeed. Caspian and Juliet were coronated and there were big processions fine the streets with the remaining Telmarines who had decided to stay and cooperate peacefully. As Juliet rode her horse just a few feet in front of him, it never occurred to Edmund how much time he had left with her.

It was the day of the ceremony Aslan had called at the town's edge. Caspian was out looking for Peter and Susan as his sister was walking in the streets with Glozelle. "I'm glad you joined us, Glozelle." She said sweetly as she waved to the small girls leaning out of their windows just to capture a glance at her.

"So am I, your majesty." Glozelle bowed his head.

Juliet turned around and laughed at him. "You know me well enough."

"Fine, Juliet." Glozelle corrected as he spotted Professor Cornelius approaching the two of them.

"Ah, Juliet, Edmund is looking for you." Cornelius said. "Glozelle, a word?" The soldier nodded as the dwarf pulled him away and Juliet ventured off somewhere into the castle. As grand as it was, she missed the small capacity of the How and she knew that this was her life now, big echoey halls and balls with feasts and important people.

"Juliet?" Edmund tapped her shoulder making her jump. "You look amazing."

"Edmund, you've said that everyday for the last four days!" She playfully pushed his shoulder.

He smiled at her. "I know, I know, it's just I bought you something." He looked down, going pink in the cheeks.

"Oh yeah?" Juliet lifted his chin. Edmund dug into his pocket and pulled out a small green silky box.

"Close your eyes and turn around." Edmund told her. She did as he said and when she opened her eyes like she was also told, she had a gorgeous pendant round her neck. The pendant had a single green stone in it and was a simple silver circle.

"Edmund," Juliet gasped. "I love it. But without being rude, why did you get me this?"

Edmund smiled to cover the sadness that would else take over his face. "I saw it, and it reminded me of you." His smile quickly faded as she noticed the note inside. "Don't read that until later, you'll know what I mean."

"Edmund-"

"Come on you two!" Peter had spotted them and beckoned them to join him. Caspian had gathered everyone into the courtyard near the tree. Juliet stood her ground next to her brother and smiled out at the crowd of people who so much as worshipped him. The four Pevensies stood next to them, sad looks on Susan and Peter's faces.

Caspian turned to his sister cautiously as if to look or guidance. "You'll be great, don't worry." She whispered and his smile brightened.

Caspian took in a deep breath. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man." He turned to Juliet who smiled at him and he carried on. "Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to, but for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers."